Bit of advice....replacing Orbitsound T12 soundbar

BuzzMcWoof

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi Am a bit of a novice in this field, so forgive me! I currently have 7 year old 40" Sony TV connected to an Orbitsound T12 v1 soundbar. The sound from this compared to the TV's speakers is as you probably know, like chalk and cheese. As I don't have a hifi, and most music is streamed from a NAS or via bluetooth, I'd like to replace the T12 with seperate speakers as I'm not too enamoured with the stereo seperation on the T12 (great for general TV viewing though!). Have read a couple of reviews, and the Q Acoustics Q-BT3's look very nice, but would be too tall as they'd obscure the corners of the TV. Does anyone have any recommendations, the speakers could not be more than about 18cm tall (big ask I know!). I'm willing to go to about £300. Thanks in advance Mike

Petherick

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
Hi BuzzMcWoof and welcome to these here parts!

You say you're a bit of a novice, so please forgive me if I'm telling you stuff you already know. Don't forget that, with some exceptions, you can use speakers on their sides, so the 18cm could be the width. The BT3 spec. suggests they may be used this way.

BuzzMcWoof

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi Petherick

Thanks for that, sometimes the obvious just doesn't seem so! Placing speakers on their side just didn't enter my mind, but obviously now will! There are some Fidelio E2's due out soon if not already out that look good and get a decent review, and not quite as garish as the BT3's which would look completely out of place in my room. Do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks again

Mike

Petherick

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
I've no experience of active speakers (all those 'active-types' out there may call them something else!) so I can't give any recommendation on these. I've snuck the magic word into the Subject, which may help raise some others from their torpor.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts