Visit site
Hi,

I need help wiring my new AV setup. My AV setup is:

KEF Speakers: Q500 Front Speakers

Q200c Center Speakers

Q100 Rear Speakers

Q400 Subwoofer

AV receiver: Onkyo TX-NR1009

Question 1 - Is it worth it to bi-amp the front speakers? Will it improve the sound??

Question 2 - Can I bi-amp the center speaker (the center speaker have bi-amp input, yet not sure if my onkyo can bi-amp the center speaker)???

Question 3 - I am using 1.5 mm2 speaker wires is it sufficient? Or should I use thicker speaker wires??

Cheers,

Omar Kakish

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
OK said:
Hi,

I need help wiring my new AV setup. My AV setup is:

KEF Speakers: Q500 Front Speakers

Q200c Center Speakers

Q100 Rear Speakers

Q400 Subwoofer

AV receiver: Onkyo TX-NR1009

Question 1 - Is it worth it to bi-amp the front speakers? Will it improve the sound??

Question 2 - Can I bi-amp the center speaker (the center speaker have bi-amp input, yet not sure if my onkyo can bi-amp the center speaker)???

Question 3 - I am using 1.5 mm2 speaker wires is it sufficient? Or should I use thicker speaker wires??

Cheers,

Omar Kakish

Answers as follows

YES

NO bi wire instead if you must

Use premium cables for premium sound, you've a nice set up there you need to be using Chord Siver/Carnival whatever it is called now as a minimum IMHO or step up to Odyseey of you can certainle for the Fronts and Centre

Check my sig and you'll see what I have eventually settled on

A

Anonymous

If the centre has bi terminals for input, you could potentially take a Y phono interconnect from the Onkyo's centre pre-out, to the left/right inputs of a separate stereo power amp, then drive the centre's highs from the left channel and the lows from the right (or vice-versa). Might make a difference...

However, if you go down the route of a separate power amp, you're probably better off using it for the fronts left/right, leaving the Onkyo's to do the centre/rears - with less to drive, the centre/rears should also see a little improvement too.

OK

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi fayeanddavid,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you please elaborate more on question2?? Thank you

Unfortunately such great cables are unavailable in my country... i had to use these speakers...

I might get my hands on good speaker wires maybe next year.. i know some ppl who are traveling :p

I have another question: Is it ok to use a 10 meter subwoofer kit... or is it going to affect the bass quality...

I can get my hands on some Ixos subwoofer kit that's the best i can get my hands on in my country (Sad I know)...

I can install the subwoofer beside my speakers (in this case i need a 10 meter subwoofer cable)

Or install it at the back (in this case I need maximum 5 meter subwoofer cable)

Cheers

:cheers:

OK

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi Arfa,

thank you for your reply... Using another amp is not an option for me...

i had a hard time getting my hands on Onkyo TX-NR1009 amp

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts