Better than Beyerdynamic MMX 101iE... its hard !

mallen

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi All,

I appreciate that this is a very open question with potentially multiple, subjective answers but here goes anyway...

I bought the Beyerdynamic MMX101iE for my ipod as an upgrade over the standard offerings really because of the WHF review.

They are very very good and clearly justify the 5 stars rated by the team here.

The problem is that they are also significantly better than the 10 yr old sennheisers at home so they went straight on ebay.

Ive been looking lately for something that is better again for use at home (I have a reasonable budget) but.... Im having difficulty finding something that is substantially better!

I've had a listen to the headphone range on offer at the likes of John Lewis etc and directly compared them (over and on ear only) but the Beyers just sound better every time.

I really like the Beyers clean dynamic presentation with its lithe bass and incisive attacks. To me its a realistic presentation of music.

Im sure MMX owners appreciate the point Im making in that a lot of other headphones just sound slow and somewhat veiled.

Is there anything that is substantially better without getting into silly thousand pound sums of money.

As for headphone type an in ear and over ear recommendation would be great!

Thanks for any feedback!

Matthew

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts