Best equipment for youtube

pravstar

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
System, musical fidelity a3.2 cd and amp, proac studio 125 speakers, music sources hp beats laptop, sony z3 phone and z2 tablet.

I've exhausted my cd collection and in the interim want to improve my music listening experience via YouTube, eventually going on to Spotify or tidal.

I wanted to know what would be the best equipment for me to get the best out of youtube via hifi. I'm a novice when it comes to this so some advice would go a long way.

In terms of asynchronous dacs would a 24/192 suffice as I doubt audio would be any higher on YouTube, or would a 32/384 provide better results. Would just having a 32/192 be more than adequate and improve sonics over 24/192. I'm new to all this so excuse my ignorance in this area

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
pravstar said:
System, musical fidelity a3.2 cd and amp, proac studio 125 speakers, music sources hp beats laptop, sony z3 phone and z2 tablet.

I've exhausted my cd collection and in the interim want to improve my music listening experience via YouTube, eventually going on to Spotify or tidal.

I wanted to know what would be the best equipment for me to get the best out of youtube via hifi. I'm a novice when it comes to this so some advice would go a long way.

In terms of asynchronous dacs would a 24/192 suffice as I doubt audio would be any higher on YouTube, or would a 32/384 provide better results. Would just having a 32/192 be more than adequate and improve sonics over 24/192. I'm new to all this so excuse my ignorance in this area

I just use an Apple TV (3rd gen) from my iPhone (or iPad or Mac Mini) using Airplay. This serves well for TV stuff or audio-only.

Alternately (if it's purely for audio) then an Airport Express will do the job. Of course this will 'only' go up to CD quality (16 bit 44.1 kHz or 48kHz) but then I don't know how much 32/384 content is on YouTube.

I think Tidal is also a CD quality stream (at best) so you might have 'overkill' there too.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
As an avid Youtube user IME 24/192 is more than sufficient considering you will be upsampling. The biggest mistake people make when using digital front is overspend on sound quality and buy devices that have software and hardware bugs (clicks, dropouts, incompatibilities etc.). The user experience due to this is abismal and eventually may drive you away from using a digital front end at all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts