Best Din connectors for Naim Nait XS

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just purchased the Naim nait xs integrated amplifier and would like some opinions on din connectors and which ones fair better than others, i have only ever bought rca/phono leads in the past and i have been told that the din connection is better with the xs.

my budget is £100 maximum and i am willing to buy second hand.

Hi THESTIG08

The Nait XS and Naim components in general offer optimum performance when using DIN connection.

You could look at an after market cable however a cable from your local electrical store will also do the trick nicely.

Btw, i hope you'll enjoy owning the Nait XS for many years to come.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Do you mean RCA --> DIN cables or DIN --> DIN ?

Edit. Sorry. Just read your signature. I can see you must mean RCA --> DIN cables.

With THESTIG08's permission, can the moderators exchange our email addresses? I have some practical help I can offer. (Two 'practical helps' actually
emotion-5.gif
)

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
I used Chord Chameleon rca -> din to connect my saturn to my old XS with fantastic results, remember you can send any chord cable back to Chord and they will reterminate (for a small fee - circa £20-£30).

Now using chord Anthem rca - > din :)

A

Anonymous

chebby:

Do you mean RCA --> DIN cables or DIN --> DIN ?

Edit. Sorry. Just read your signature. I can see you must mean RCA --> DIN cables.

With THESTIG08's permission, can the moderators exchange our email addresses? I have some practical help I can offer. (Two 'practical helps' actually
emotion-5.gif
)

hi chebby,

any help would be greatly appreciated so yes an e-mail exchange is fine with me
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

True Blue:Final pointer, for best sound do not "lock" the din plugs fully, just make sure the locking collar is just engaged.

Thanks true blue i have now got the Chord Cobraplus rca->din connection for my cdp to amp, is there any in particular reason why the locking connector should just be engaged and not fully locked in?

tenergy

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi Thestig,

so what happened to your mira, out of curiosity? also curious as to why you went with the xs instead of the elicit. was thinking of going your route but stayed in the rega camp by going elicit when I upgraded my brio.

cheers!

A

Anonymous

stumpy66:

Are there stores that do the rca din chord interconnect or does it need to be sent back to chord. Sorry for the hijack.

E-bay is the best bet if you want to save a packet!!
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

tenergy:

Hi Thestig,

so what happened to your mira, out of curiosity? also curious as to why you went with the xs instead of the elicit. was thinking of going your route but stayed in the rega camp by going elicit when I upgraded my brio.

cheers!

Hi, My speakers needed alot of current to drive them and as good as the mira was i just was'nt getting the most from them, i was advised by my dealer to try the naim xs, i demo'd the naim and loved it with my apollo/db1i's, i saw a naim xs as new on the net for £900.00 delivered with warranty from a respected dealer and thought i would snap it up before someone else did.
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts