Best buy - budget system and PC

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hey,

Hope this is the right place as this is might get connected to my pc.

well, i only use my computer for music - each cd i buy i rip to apple lossless.

so, instead of getting the Marantz CD6003 -

or similar cd player. i would be better getting a DAC? and how should it be connected?

thanks,

Dan

idc

PC connected to DAC with a digital cable whether that is USB, coax or optical will depend on the PC and DACs connections. Then from the DAC to amp you use phono (RCA) cables.

A

Anonymous

so getting a dac is the way to go? any recs'?

is there any differences between the connectors can't i connect the dac to the amp with optical?

that will give me similar quality to cds?

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
no you can't use an optical between dac and amp. once the signal has gone through the dac(digital to analogue convertor) it isn't a digital signal anymore.

in terms of getting the music off your pc and into a dac, i think optical (if your pc has it) is safest because there isn't the potential for "noise" to travel down the cable. if your pc and hifi aren't physically close together, then a streaming device can be used.

in terms of suggesting dacs, it would help to know what the rest of your kit is and what type of music you listen to. also, an idea of budget.

A

Anonymous

thanks both of you.

i will be starting my setup from scratch. and i need to search more around my area for available parts.

i wanted to get a general idea about what to do.

my point being, would i need to buy a dac as well as an amp, or can i connect my pc directly to the amp?

thanks again.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
you can connect your pc to the amp, but you will get much better sound quality from an external dac. something like a beresford, v-dac or dacmagic would be a good step, just make sure whatever you get has the right connections for your pc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts