Beresford TC-7510 or Cambridge Audio DacMagic

bryster

Aug 9, 2008
Visit site
Ive read various reviews on both of these dacs but I want to know which is the best. Moneys not really the issue but if the dacmagic doesnt warrant the extra money I'll just go for the beresford. I'll be using the dac mainly for uncompressed music from my computer which will be connected with a coaxial cable...Any help would be much appreciated
emotion-2.gif

daveh75

Think one of the whf team mentioned on here a while ago that the Dac Magic has the slight edge over the beresford! but whether its worth the extra £80/£100 it'll cost you for the improvement only you can decide really

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
They did mention it did have the edge, and that it looked prettier. For me, the Beresford does the job fine as it's hidden from view, and can handle 4 inputs whereas AFAIK the cambridge can only handle 2 + USB...

A

Anonymous

If the difference is not massive then i might consider just getting a beresford instead

daveh75

bryster:Has anyone heard either of them? Then we can get a better idea of the differenceI had a beresford and FWIW the sound it produced playing lossless files from my laptop were on a par with CD's played from my roksan CDP.I havn't heard the Dac Magic but plenty of people on here do have Dac Magics. But to get a fair un-biased view you need to speak to someone who's heard both tbh!

A

Anonymous

Confused why this is set at that price when whfi gave it a retail price of 90.00

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Beresford-TC-7510-MK6-4-DAC_W0QQitemZ220348189551QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_AudioTVElectronics_Video_DVDPlayers_Recorders?hash=item220348189551&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1300|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A2|240%3A1318

Also an older version of it is selling for under 90.00

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Stanley makes regular revisions to the 7510 - I think 6.4 is the latest (mine's a 6.3), so older ones will sell for less.

I don't know about the £90 though. Just did a search on the site and it came back with £120...

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
daveh75:bryster:Has anyone heard either of them? Then we can get a better idea of the differenceI had a beresford and FWIW the sound it produced playing lossless files from my laptop were on a par with CD's played from my roksan CDP.I havn't heard the Dac Magic but plenty of people on here do have Dac Magics. But to get a fair un-biased view you need to speak to someone who's heard both tbh!

I agree. I have no idea how good the Beresford is. I know my DacMagic sounds great in my system and it's small and decent looking and it's won product of the year with HFC and this mag so it can't be bad. I would be interested to hear a direct comparison.

A

Anonymous

fatboyslimfast:If you are quick, there is a Mk6 on ebay for £59.99 buy it now...bargain! The only one I can see at that price is listed as Beresford TC-7510 24/96 DAC. What's the diffrence between that and the latest version (Mk6/4)?

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
hi fi newbie:how do you know it's the MK 6? it just says 24/96

There's a revision checker on Stanley's website - www.homehifi.co.uk. I might be wrong but it certainly looks like it - he changed the graphics from one to another...

*EDIT* - well, there used to be. Trying to find it...

Also I think it's only small circuitry revisions between the 6 and 6.4, but again the site above may be more help than me!

A

Anonymous

Okay ignore that question i see where 24/96 comes from but but how can you identify that's the Mk 6? couldn't that just as easily be the MK3?

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
is the 24/96 capabilityy the diference? i dunno, but i got mine last summer and didnt think it wa 24/96...

im just throwing that out there, ive no idea. bit out me depth here in fact.

A

Anonymous

Nm, i will bookmark that though and be on the lookout next time cheers anyway

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts