Beresford Caiman Advice

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Just ordered my Caimen as 10 year gift from work, so looking forward to that! :) Think I will be running the laptop on USB but my Squeezebox Classic on optical, which can play my laptop music via wireless to the Caimen, also avoiding 'Ground Loops'! (See below!)

Just a mention on interference on pc's/laptops, etc.. I had problems with hiss & interference, both with sound and vision from my laptops. After looking into it I discovered 'ground loops', which is basically a loop in all the electrical earth connections between your various bits of electronics. There are gadgets available to break the loop and to stop this, but after trying plugging things in different socket combinations I found an artical saying to remove the earth wire in the plug! This I did.. no interference! So now I have my laptops running off an adaptor with the earth wire removed and plugged into a 'Safety Plug' (important) in case of malfunction! I also get picture interference when both my laptops are plugged into my tv at once, one VGA, the other HDMI! PS: i take no responsibilty for anyone following this advise, but I think it's safe as long as plugged to a safety plug! I also switch my 2 laptops off via the safety plug at night which avoids leaving the adaptors powered up, also risky!)

A

Anonymous

Just ordered my Caimen as 10 year gift from work, so looking forward to that! :) Think I will be running the laptop on USB but my Squeezebox Classic on optical, which can play my laptop music via wireless to the Caimen, also avoiding 'Ground Loops'! (See below!)

Just a mention on interference on pc's/laptops, etc.. I had problems with hiss & interference, both with sound and vision from my laptops. After looking into it I discovered 'ground loops', which is basically a loop in all the electrical earth connections between your various bits of electronics. There are gadgets available to break the loop and to stop this, but after trying plugging things in different socket combinations I found an artical saying to remove the earth wire in the plug! This I did.. no interference! So now I have my laptops running off an adaptor with the earth wire removed and plugged into a 'Safety Plug' (important) in case of malfunction! I also get picture interference when both my laptops are plugged into my tv at once, one VGA, the other HDMI! PS: i take no responsibilty for anyone following this advise, but I think it's safe as long as plugged to a safety plug! I also switch my 2 laptops off via the safety plug at night which avoids leaving the adaptors powered up, also risky!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts