Benny

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

benny39 said:
gel said:
Hi Benny

Looks great. Thumbs up. You have got one of my favourite amps, I love the sound the VSX-LX70 makes, did you demo with your speaker package before you bought? I can't quite work out how you have a silver stand on the Pioneer LX5090, I have just got one myself and I never saw a silver stand available to buy, there were just two both black, also I can't see how that stand the way it looks can fit on a Pioneer LX5090, are you sure you have a Pioneer LX5090 TV? If yes, what stand do you have then?

Cheers.
Hi Gel, yeah the Pioneer amp's a cracker & yes i did dem with ATC scm11's at the time i purchased, the Pioneer is definately a 5090 & the reason i have a silver stand is that just before i purchased the tv my friend had a 507 with siver stand that got screen damaged so he gave me the stand as i knew my tv was coming with the black stand that has the two upright fixing brackets & is static non swivel...so i tried the silver swivel stand & it fitted without much fuss, i still have the black stand i think, the stand is a Pioneer PDK-TS25 the brackets are identical to the black supplied static stand only i had to use slightly longer allen headed bolts, i thought i would need the swivel but turns out that it was seldom used...now that i am thinking it might look better now with the original...need to look it out, all the best...Benny.

D

Deleted member 2457

benny39 said:
benny39 said:
gel said:
Hi Benny

Looks great. Thumbs up. You have got one of my favourite amps, I love the sound the VSX-LX70 makes, did you demo with your speaker package before you bought? I can't quite work out how you have a silver stand on the Pioneer LX5090, I have just got one myself and I never saw a silver stand available to buy, there were just two both black, also I can't see how that stand the way it looks can fit on a Pioneer LX5090, are you sure you have a Pioneer LX5090 TV? If yes, what stand do you have then?

Cheers.

Hi Gel, yeah the Pioneer amp's a cracker & yes i did dem with ATC scm11's at the time i purchased, the Pioneer is definately a 5090 & the reason i have a silver stand is that just before i purchased the tv my friend had a 507 with siver stand that got screen damaged so he gave me the stand as i knew my tv was coming with the black stand that has the two upright fixing brackets & is static non swivel...so i tried the silver swivel stand & it fitted without much fuss, i still have the black stand i think, the stand is a Pioneer PDK-TS25 the brackets are identical to the black supplied static stand only i had to use slightly longer allen headed bolts, i thought i would need the swivel but turns out that it was seldom used...now that i am thinking it might look better now with the original...need to look it out, all the best...Benny.

Hi Benny

I thought the stand was from the 7th generation, and it fits - blimey, I know people have put the 7th generation stands with the 8th generation TVs, but did not realise it could be done with the 9th generation - useful to know. I don't know about you but I love the picture on Blu-ray, with the Pioneer BDP-LX71 and the Pioneer LX5090 - really great.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Hi Gel, i remember reading of Pioneer's intentions to close the factory that was set up to be used in a joint venture with Panasonic to supply the panels....i felt gutted as the Pioneer plasma tv had become one of those very special purchases, i couldnt realisticly afford one during the early years...not too many could, i often wonder how far ahead they would be from other manufacturers with plasma technology now if they had kept going, the truth is they never made money from any of them, the picture really is stunning with bluray, Attenboroughs life series is fantastic, i watched the remake of the Mechanic the other night & still comment over the images.

A

Anonymous

benny39 said:
Hi Gel, i remember reading of Pioneer's intentions to close the factory that was set up to be used in a joint venture with Panasonic to supply the panels....i felt gutted as the Pioneer plasma tv had become legendary i couldnt realisticly afford one during the early years...not too many could, i often wonder how far ahead they would be from other manufacturers with plasma technology now if they had kept going, the truth is they never made money from any of them, the picture really is stunning with bluray, Attenboroughs life series is fantastic, i watched the remake of the Mechanic the other night & still comment over the images.

D

Deleted member 2457

benny39 said:
Hi Gel, i remember reading of Pioneer's intentions to close the factory that was set up to be used in a joint venture with Panasonic to supply the panels....i felt gutted as the Pioneer plasma tv had become one of those very special purchases, i couldnt realisticly afford one during the early years...not too many could, i often wonder how far ahead they would be from other manufacturers with plasma technology now if they had kept going, the truth is they never made money from any of them, the picture really is stunning with bluray, Attenboroughs life series is fantastic, i watched the remake of the Mechanic the other night & still comment over the images.

Hi Benny

Yeah, it is a real shame they are no longer around, I do wonder how they would compare now too, also given how much the TV market has changed now as well, it would had been very interesting to see how they adapted. Yeah, I'm really happy with the picture with my Pioneer BDP-LX71 on my Pioneer 5090 as well, I'm glad I never bought a Pioneer BDP-LX91 now.

Cheers mate

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Hi Benny

Very impressive system. The speakers look stunning
smiley-smile.gif

Keep us posted on the Zodiac's arrival.

Cheers
Matt

A

Anonymous

MattSPL said:
Hi Benny

Very impressive system. The speakers look stunning
smiley-smile.gif

Keep us posted on the Zodiac's arrival.

Cheers
Matt

Thanks Matt, extremely happy with things at the moment (not too dissimilar to your own) & looking forward to getting the Antelope Zodiac Gold...I think I will hold onto my ATC CA2 for a while after just to be sure...but I'm quite confident on the pre-amp stage on the Antelope, looking into Puremusic for I-tunes at the moment also awaiting delivery of Aurlex gramma isolation riser's for my ATC SCM50's I will let you know how that goes.

Cheers
Benny.

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Hi Benny

Good idea holding onto the CA2 so you can compare the system with and without it.

The Aurlex stuff looks good. Let me know how you get on lifting those 50's again
smiley-laughing.gif

Cheers
Matt

A

Anonymous

5940778168_61c31a6709.jpg
6132327267_5951effef8.jpg
6132332887_47dd8c547f.jpg
6132335611_e2a8c9d8ae.jpg
5940783614_94346cfd62.jpg
hi just a couple of pics with new Auralex Gramma isolation pads & Antelope Audio Zodiac Gold/Voltikus :twisted

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts