Bathroom speaker connections.

cliffster

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Evening all.

Just looking for a bit of help.

I've been looking at ceiling mounting a speaker in the bathroom ceiling so the missus can listen to her music in the bath.

I'm planning on running the cable from the speaker through the loft and down into the bedroom to connect it to my Denon DM37, but how do I connect it?

If I bi-wire the speaker into the Denon then I will have sound in the bedroom and bathroom simultaneously. If I put a switch on the bathroom speaker I can control it , so having both on, or just the bedroom. More switches on the bedroom speakers would give more control, but so many switches feels a bit 'fussy'.

Alternately, I could fit a phono connector to the bathroom speaker and connect it to the headphone out when needed. Of course I could then only have one or the other speakers on.

So, has anyone a simple idea to connect the speakers to allow me to have either:

Bedroom only on.

Bathroom only on.

Both on.

Thanks in advance.

Cliff.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
You need a speaker switch box (or speaker splitter) that has a, b and a+b position. Google "speaker switch box". Qed, for example, makes some, including ones that go into a wall like a light switch.
You cannot connect speakers to headphone output,unless you add another amp.

TRENDING THREADS