bass is to overbearing

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi all I have just installed a kef surround speaker system and used the microphone on my denon av amp to set it up the problem is that the bass is overbearing is the problem the cross over point set to hi / low or is the volume on the sub up to high many thanks for your help with this one :cheers: :cheers:

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
hi,

manually tweak the settings.

start by turning volume (gain) on sub to 12 o'clock position, turn Frequency dial clockwise to the highest frequency, now go into crossover settings on amp and select that of your sat speakers, a good start is 80hz on crossover on amp.

once this is done you can increase/decrease sub level found in speaker level setting in amp.

hopefully this may help, also if the sub is in a corner it can sound rather boomy, to control further move sub so its not at equal distances from either wall.

Darrell

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
sta99y said:
hi,

manually tweak the settings.

start by turning volume (gain) on sub to 12 o'clock position, turn Frequency dial clockwise to the highest frequency, now go into crossover settings on amp and select that of your sat speakers, a good start is 80hz on crossover on amp.

once this is done you can increase/decrease sub level found in speaker level setting in amp.

hopefully this may help, also if the sub is in a corner it can sound rather boomy, to control further move sub so its not at equal distances from either wall.

Darrell
Hi Darrell I will give it a go thanksfor advice:) :) :cheers:

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Ive had a play I cant seem to get the crossover point right I have managed to rain the bass in but trying to adjust the sub by hand is not easy as you are to near it to make any kind of balance so doing it by ear is abit tricky I think I will try adjusting the cross over point to 140hz and setting the volume to the 12 oclock and then go into the settings on the av amp as was suggested by Darrell ( sta99y) I would be trying this right now only she who must be obeyed is watching corrie thanks to all :cheers: :cheers:

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
toyota man said:
Ive had a play I cant seem to get the crossover point right I have managed to rain the bass in but trying to adjust the sub by hand is not easy as you are to near it to make any kind of balance so doing it by ear is abit tricky I think I will try adjusting the cross over point to 140hz and setting the volume to the 12 oclock and then go into the settings on the av amp as was suggested by Darrell ( sta99y) I would be trying this right now only she who must be obeyed is watching corrie thanks to all :cheers: :cheers:

Hey if you turn sub frequency dial to maximum and select xover point in amp settings the sub xover is obsolete!! You really don't need to fiddle with sub frequency dial at all, turn to max and leave, sit in listening point and use remote to control sub frequency through av amp, at the same time you can adjust the sub level output using remote from your listening point.

Google "crawling for bass"

Interesting read, and useful pointers.

If you have an idevice try using a free spl metre to set all speaker levels at 75db.

Let us know how you get on.

Darrell

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
:cheers: :cheers:
sta99y said:
toyota man said:

Hey if you turn sub frequency dial to maximum and select xover point in amp settings the sub xover is obsolete!! You really don't need to fiddle with sub frequency dial at all, turn to max and leave, sit in listening point and use remote to control sub frequency through av amp, at the same time you can adjust the sub level output using remote from your listening point.

Google "crawling for bass"

Interesting read, and useful pointers.

If you have an idevice try using a free spl metre to set all speaker levels at 75db.

Let us know how you get on.

Darrell
Thanks I will try that and I will let you know how I get on

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts