banana plugs vs spade lugs vs bare-wire

i8nm3gp

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
I somehow feel that bare-wire sealed with insulation tape at binding posts transfers the most current to and from the amplifier to speakers. what are the positives and negatives of such connections?

Lateralus

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
chebby said:
i8nm3gp said:
... what are the positives and negatives of such connections?

Normally red for positive and black for negative.

Hahahaha.

The connectors you use are entirely down to personal preference. The bearing they have on sound quality is negligible. You could argue that bare wires are the best because they place the least amount of electrical transfers between the wire and the terminal, but I prefer banana plugs because they are convenient for unpugging wires. I know some like spade connectors because they have a larger electrical contact area and are quite secure.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Personally I have banana plugs at the amp end for convenience, and bare wires at the speaker end.

I find absolutely no difference whatsoever with SQ whether using bananas, spades, or bare wires.

RobGardner

Jul 22, 2008
Visit site
Banana plugs or spades make it much easier when it comes to changing kit, they can also protect the cable ends from corrosion. The best thing of all is that you won't ***** your fingures on the bare copper strands. Plus when you reach your senior years, it will be easier to see what you are doing!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts