Banana plugs or directly screwing the cable.

alienmango

May 29, 2013
Visit site
My basic understanding is that screwing is generally better, but once every 6 months you should strip the ends off and rescrew to prevent oxidation from affecting the conuctance.

Screwing provides a tighter connection, in reality you would never hear the difference though.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
My speakers are on banana-plugs so I can shift them easily when hoovering. But I don't have any preconceptions that the plugs I use makes the speakers sound any better. If anything, it must make them worse (more connections in the chain). But there's no way I'd ever hear any difference.

kmlav

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm with the major , i use banana plugs for ease when moving things about but IMHO they don't offer any sonic benefit.

chrisr1718

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I've used bare wire, spades and bananas, with the same amp and speakers, can't really hear a difference. Currently using bananas, mainly for convenience. Seems like thats the general consensus of opinion.

SiUK

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
You've got to connect it somehow and bananas make that easy peazy over and over again. That's why I use banana plugs. Makes you wonder how much contact is actually neccessary to make the connection. The surface area / contact area of some of those plugs must be minimal looking at the designs. I have always thought that a bnc type connector would do a much better job.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts