hi all , ive finally whilst off work done it and placed an order for Yamaha AS301 AMP and Pro-Ject Elemental so i can finally listen to my LP's.

i have a Sony CMT 750NXi at the mo that is good for Dab abd plugging my iphone into and was thinking o using its speakers temporaily

im looking at Dali Zensor Pico's but not sure how they will handle the rock / metal or shouty music as partner calls it (devil driver and such).

i have stands thats sony cabs sit on nicely and Pico's would fit nicely as well.

i keep being drawn to the Monitor Audio Bronze 1 and MR1 or 2.

having heard both over my puter speakers the monitors just sounded smooth.

i would go and test listen but currently cant drive as only one shoulder is functioning and Currys dont stock anything like lol

any thing else in the £100-200 range i should be looking at cheers

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I haven't heard the Q Acoustics but I liked the Wharfedale Diamonds, especially at their price. Many forum members here love the QAs and they come frequently recommended so I threw them in the mix.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I used to have the QA 2020i's but changed them for Dali Zensor 3's, and I instantly noticed a difference in sound quality. If you can, stretch your budget to the Zensor 3's, if you can't, then I would guess that the 2020i's would be a little better than the Zensor 1's, but not by much.

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
I used to have the QA 2020i's but changed them for Dali Zensor 3's, and I instantly noticed a difference in sound quality. If you can, stretch your budget to the Zensor 3's, if you can't, then I would guess that the 2020i's would be a little better than the Zensor 1's, but not by much.

so the new QA 3020 should be better still , in theory that they are better than 2020? wish i could get past the look, cab you use them on normal stands or do they have to used on the dedicated stands - stupid question im guessing

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I know nothing about the 3020's, sorry.

There are a lot of 2nd hand bargains out there, so if you're not bothered about getting new, £200 will get you some really good quality speakers. Just don't rush in, you'll end up regretting it.

Why not start another thread, or have a look through some older threads to see about buying 2nd hand speakers?

Robert Jones said:
cheers, id love to go and listen to them but currently in capcitated as one arm is strapped up and no driving :(

im sorta pushng for monitor audios as they just sound cleaner to me , just to decide if i want old or new as you say

Sorry you are incapacitated. If you fancy MA speakers then the Bronze 2's are getting excellent reviews, have not heard them yet though. They should be on your shortlist.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Al ears said:
Sorry you are incapacitated.

I fear speakers will be of no use to him if he hasn't got a head. *biggrin*

matthewpiano

Robert Jones said:
lots are pushing the Q Acoustics are they really that good?

hadnt realised the Picos were sub use , hmmmm scratch them of the list then
Yes, Q Acoustics are really that good. I'm currently enjoying 2020i with a Yamaha A-S501, and its a very enjoyable and involving combination. I'm not feeling any desire to get my Dynaudio or Rega speakers out instead at this stage.

matthewpiano said:
Robert Jones said:

Yes, Q Acoustics are really that good. I'm currently enjoying 2020i with a Yamaha A-S501, and its a very enjoyable and involving combination. I'm not feeling any desire to get my Dynaudio or Rega speakers out instead at this stage.

so the 3020 would be a good choice on the Yamaha AS 301? Shame all the sound reviews on YouTube are either poor quality or sound highly clinical :(

Robert Jones said:
matthewpiano said:
Robert Jones said:

so the 3020 would be a good choice on the Yamaha AS 301? Shame all the sound reviews on YouTube are either poor quality or sound highly clinical :(

Never use YouTube as a judge of sound quality, go audition yourself.

Robert Jones said:
Thanks all, I can't currently travel / drive / due to my shoulder.

i know I really should be listening to them but 6-12wks is a loooooooong time , hence reviews after reviews :)

6-12 weeks before a mate will drive (or should that be rides, looking at your icon) you to auditions, the swines! :)

Al ears said:
Robert Jones said:

i know I really should be listening to them but 6-12wks is a loooooooong time , hence reviews after reviews :)

6-12 weeks before a mate will drive (or should that be rides, looking at your icon) you to auditions, the swines! :)

i know what you mean , they work crazy shifts like me (when I work), and are 30-40 miles away :( , parents 50, thank god for delivery as carrying audio on a bike would be fun lol, I do have a car as well , it sits there gets used on nights vowed to never use the bike ever again on nights.

my nearest audio shop is richer sounds Leicester , still thinking train trip :)

Robert Jones said:
Al ears said:
Robert Jones said:

i know what you mean , they work crazy shifts like me (when I work), and are 30-40 miles away :( , parents 50, thank god for delivery as carrying audio on a bike would be fun lol, I do have a car as well , it sits there gets used on nights vowed to never use the bike ever again on nights.

my nearest audio shop is richer sounds Leicester , still thinking train trip :)

There's Cymbiosis, Leicester hifi, Sevenoaks, and Superfi as well, you could make a day of it. ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts