back to vinyl

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

matthewpiano

Robert Jones said:
matthewpiano said:
Robert Jones said:
lots are pushing the Q Acoustics are they really that good?

hadnt realised the Picos were sub use , hmmmm scratch them of the list then
Yes, Q Acoustics are really that good. I'm currently enjoying 2020i with a Yamaha A-S501, and its a very enjoyable and involving combination. I'm not feeling any desire to get my Dynaudio or Rega speakers out instead at this stage.

so the 3020 would be a good choice on the Yamaha AS 301? Shame all the sound reviews on YouTube are either poor quality or sound highly clinical :(
Just to quality my earlier comment... The Qs are terrific budget speakers, and with something like the A-S301, or A-S501, they are as good as needed. However, my findings from playing around with my kit today, are that once you move up to something like a Rega Brio-R for the amp, the benefits of better speakers like the Dynaudio DM2/6 are very clear as they reveal far more of the upgrade in the electronics than the Qs are able to.

im not sure the q's would cut it after todays tunes, the Sonys struggled big style, there ok with Rock, but "get up" - korn ft.skrillex almost parted the cones , the sound was awful , even compared to the same speaker on its orginal equipment !!!

Soulfly - wings, flyhigh just didnt cut it either :( was just a muddle of noise, ive heard max and crew live so i know what these are meant to sound like LOL

going to try Casulties of Cool later see if it has the drama , emotion of Che Amiee Dorval's voice.

K

keeper of the quays

Robert Jones said:
Thanks all, I can't currently travel / drive / due to my shoulder.

i know I really should be listening to them but 6-12wks is a loooooooong time , hence reviews after reviews :)
sorry to hear you got dodgy shoulder, hope it gets better soon..i also have bad shoulder..had it a year now....should have stayed listening music instead of arm wrestling! No fool like a old fool...may i suggest mordaunt short 902i...lovely speaker..look very cool too...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts