B&W Speakers cable advice for new Home Theater setup

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dear All,

Currenlty have on order B&W 685, HTM62 and M1's for my new home theatre set up, and about to order cable for these speakers. Was wondering if owners of the above speakers (or anyone in the know) can tell me if all these speakers fit banana plugs. I was going to buy terminated wire at both ends to connect all speakers with my DSP-AX863 Amp (also on order). Looking at the B&W manuals it doesnt say if it does or not.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
You're okay on everything except the M1s - they need to be bare wire connections. You can of course have banana plugs on the other end which hooks into your amp assuming the Yamaha accepts bananas.
EDIT - oh and the 685s and HTM62s are both bi-wirable as well. Up to you whether you want to do this, but of course if you do, it's best to get the correct cable now.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys, thats saved myself a few pounds by terminating just 1 end for the M1s... I am using the M1s as rears with QED Micro cable to save a bit of money as I am also using Chord Silverscreen for the 3 front speakers. I did consider BI-Wire for the 3 fronts but my cost is steadily rising as I have Pio 5090 on order from TLC and a Sony S550 begging to be played with Blu-Ray collection steadily growing without being able to watch them!!!!!
emotion-9.gif

TRENDING THREADS