B&W CM7 versus 704

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

I'm new to the whole hifi scene and was wondering what people's views were on the above comparison. I heard the CM7 recently and I really liked them (paired with Primare I21 amp and CD21 CD).

What are the 704s like in comparison?

I am also keen to try other amps. I heard the Arcam A90 with the same speakers but the sound was far less transparent that the Primare (although much beefier). How does the Roksan Kandy L.III compare?

I will, of course, arrange an audition with the 704s and the Roksan but I would be interested to hear people's opinions.

Cheers,

Mark

PS Most of the music I listen to is classical with a bit of rock and jazz thrown in sometimes.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Rimskt"] will, of course, arrange an audition with the 704s and the Roksan but I would
be interested to hear people's opinions.[/quote]

My opinion is "stick to your Primare" because you have to spend a lot more to better them. As for speakers I am a big fan of 805s because they gave a better balanced than the floorstand 700 series (which tend to be a tad bright) and the Arcam sound very safe so don't expect a emotion roller coaster ride.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts