B&W CM7 and Arcam?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After listenig I have decided to buy B&W CM7 speakers, I actually heard them paired with Arcam - A18 amp and CD17 player. It sounds great, they recommended me this combination rather than Rotel... I'm just little bit worried about amp - is 50w enough for this speakers? Im beginner, I don't want to go wrong. Is this combination ok, or would you recommend me something better at this price line? Thanks

A

Anonymous

That's true of course, although it's one thing listening in the hi-fi shop and another at home. It depends on your room size, what volumes you like listening to and the speakers - did you listen to it at a realistic volume in the shop? I only mention it as I bought a 50w Arcam amplifier (A70) and within 6 months felt I needed to upgrade. However, it's a personal thing and 50w might be quite enough for your purposes, it's difficult to say. I'm a beginner too by the way, so I"m sure there are others more experienced who will give you better advice. Good luck and happy listening...

A

Anonymous

tomeq:After listenig I have decided to buy B&W CM7 speakers, I actually heard them paired with Arcam - A18 amp and CD17 player. It sounds great, they recommended me this combination rather than Rotel... I'm just little bit worried about amp - is 50w enough for this speakers? Im beginner, I don't want to go wrong. Is this combination ok, or would you recommend me something better at this price line? Thanks

I demo'd the B&W CM7's and B&W 804's with my Rotel system and was blown away by how good it sounded. Although both sounded great i chose the B&W 804's.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all replies. I live in "paper" apartment, and i don't want to bully my neigbours. :) My living room is 4 x 6 m, and I don't like extra loud listening. So hopefully - if it has no effect on quality, 50w p/ch should be enough for me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts