B & W 684s and bi amping

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just purchased a pair of 684s to use as the mains in my HT system. My AVR is a Denon 1910 but only using a 5.1 setup so 2 channels are spare. Will biamping my 684s make any difference to their performance?

564DSC00841%20%28855%20x%20642%29.jpg

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
I presume the Denon will allow you to Bi-amp using the spare 2 Surround back speakers connections, if so and you've got spare cable then it's worth trying out.
I experimented and Bi-amped my 684s from my Onkyo 875 and it was an improvement but for HiFi any decent stereo amp will outperform it.
Remember the 684s can be Bi-wired anyway.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Nice set-up!

I bi-amped my 685s with my 1909 and it seemed to be better (although I don't have banana plugs, and by the time I'd re-configured it all, it's highly probable I imagined it!). In any case, for the cost of a few metres cable, it's a cheap thing to try.

I found a bigger gain (in the pure direct stereo mode) by upgrading my amp's power cord to a Clearer Audio Copperline. Also (if you haven't done so already) try your amp with all of the audessey 'enhancing' setting turned off. They definately made my system sound muddled and caused lots of distortion on the rears.

Finally, perhaps consider a rug in that room - you seem to have a lot of hard surfaces!

A

Anonymous

Agreed, nice rig that. Keep up the dusting!

I have some B&W 603S3 and a Denon 3808, I have bi-amped with spare surround channels and it just sounds a bit fuller for CD's and some radio.
Not sure it adds that much to movies.
Give it a whirl and try and restrict some of your demo's to lower volumes and see if you squeeze more detail out - you will know then if it's worthwhile or not.

Good testing. Enjoy your set up

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys. I am going to get some speaker cable & try biamping my 684s.

My room has a lot of hard surfaces due to the floor being tiled. There is a rug on the fllor which is not visible in the pic above.

TRENDING THREADS