AVCHD Lite and Sony BDSP-360

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Right, deep breath in...

I have a Panasonic Lumix TZ7 and use it to record my HD home videos in AVCHD Lite format.

It came bundled with software called Panasonic Photofun Studio HD Edition, which can be used to write DVD+Rs of the AVCHD Lite movies (with a menu) that can allegedly be played on all current Panasonic Blu-Ray players.

Given that Panasonic and Sony co-own the AVCHD format, and that the Sony player is badged as AVCHD compatible, will the Sony BDSP-360 player play the DVDs created in Photofun? Neither Sony nor Panasonic seem able to give an opinion.

I know it will play AVCHD, but will it play *Lite*, and specifically these DVD-Rs?

Unless anyone here knows the answer for certain, I think I might just have to take A DVD to the shop and try it!

Thanks in advance...

A

Anonymous

hi i also own a tz7 and am about to buy a panasonic dvd recorder so if you find an answer please post

cheers

A

Anonymous

Since I posted the original question, I have tested and subsequently bought the Sony BDSP-360 player, as it plays the discs just fine...

Incidentally, the previous model (ie the 350) also worked.

Panasonic reckon all their current models will play this type of disc (personal email, Oct 2009)

Presumably therefore all future 'AVCHD' badged Sony and Panasonic machines should be ok.

Hope this helps someone else in the future!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts