Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
What would you say was the age group targetted for this Film? Judging by the number of times my son has watched it he has picked the right market - teenagers. I know it has a 12 certificate but you can reasonable assume which market level will reap maximum rewards. Not to mention the gaming factor spin. One shrewd director with a phenomenal commodity!

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
rocky66:sorry, spelt your name wrong
emotion-3.gif

Hi,

Not a problem.
emotion-1.gif

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
eremis6:Na , sorry guys have to disagree, Avatar in 3D was truely amazing and if they started making all the action blockbusters in 3D I would be a very happy man. This is what folk do in this country if something becomes really popular we feel the need to tear it to pieces. This is the biggest grossing film of all time. I heard the critics responses, it has no great vision or artistic merits, its done by the numbers, bla bla bla. The film was 3 hrs of pure entertainment and i think that is what most people went to see at the cinema. As to whether this transfers to a 42 inch screen is another matter but im hoping so.

Hi,

I wouldnt judge the whole 3D market by one film alone - albeit it has generated a lot of interest in the format. Perhaps it was the novelty factor that made it the biggest grossing film? Just because it's popular it doesn't necessarily follow that it's for everyone.

People are only commenting with their views. If a film is drivel then it's not entertaining. If you don't enjoy the 3D experience, it's not entertaining. If you enjoy the effects and the story, you'll rave about the film.

All I was sayin was that personally I don't want to see an 'effect' of 3D when I watch a film. I didn't ask for it and I won't pay to watch it cos someone else thinks that's what I want to see.

I am not against change nor progress - I have adopted and enjoy stereo and then surround sound. It's become 'really popular' and it's not been 'torn to pieces'.

People are entitled to their view - whether it agrees with yours or not - and can air them here within limits.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Rocky, i'm guessing that your english friend , lack of sense of humour and all that.... nah.. i was just being funny mate.

I watched the movie in the cinema on 3D ... only watched the 2D version on tv which I did like... not a patch on the 3D cinema experience though in my humble opinion.

No need to be touchy over it though.... it's an opinion based thread ....... i think ?

but seeing that you seem to get a sore head when watching 3D... i'd suggest that you stop watching that format ... it'll save you money and/or taking pills :)

A

Anonymous

Alantiggger:

Rocky, i'm guessing that your english friend , lack of sense of humour and all that.... nah.. i was just being funny mate.

I watched the movie in the cinema on 3D ... only watched the 2D version on tv which I did like... not a patch on the 3D cinema experience though in my humble opinion.

No need to be touchy over it though.... it's an opinion based thread ....... i think ?

but seeing that you seem to get a sore head when watching 3D... i'd suggest that you stop watching that format ... it'll save you money and/or taking pills :)

If i was english Alantigger, and i'm not, i'd be pretty miffed with your comment!! Yes this is a opinion based thread, however your comments are personal (and quite frankly childish) and not related to the thread.

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
I have only seen the 3D version in the Cinema and must admit that I was blown away!

So far I have not considered buying the Blu Ray, because I was afraid to be disappointed watching it in 2D. My fear was that once the major effects (3D) are taken away you will discover how terrible the story actually is...

But reading this thread I might just change my mind as many seem to prefer the 2D version.

I watched the film on Imax 3D & also on 2D blu-ray.

IMHO, for once, 3D technology was actually used to good effect, rather than just being plain gimmicky. It totally envelopes you in the scene!

Definitely worth seeing on Imax (to cover your entire field of vision) for that truly immersive experience, especially those scenes where they jump from heights......you actually get the feeling of heights!!

But yes, I followed the story more in the 2D version.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
bigboss:But yes, I followed the story more in the 2D version.

Given the amount of time characters spend declaiming the plot in that bad, stilted dialogue Cameron has made all his own...

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss:

I watched the film on Imax 3D & also on 2D blu-ray.

IMHO, for once, 3D technology was actually used to good effect, rather than just being plain gimmicky. It totally envelopes you in the scene!

Definitely worth seeing on Imax (to cover your entire field of vision) for that truly immersive experience, especially those scenes where they jump from heights......you actually get the feeling of heights!!

But yes, I followed the story more in the 2D version.

I have only seen 3D on tv's and have suffered from eye strain and feeling
emotion-41.gif
do people suffer from these side affects while watching 3D at the cinema?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I haven't seen a movie in 3d at the cinema but the opening flyby shot on the Imax version of The Dark Knight made me feel a bit
emotion-41.gif
. I thought there is no way I'm going to be able to sit through this for 2 hours plus. Once the film switched to close of the clown mask things went OK.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts