AV Receiver pairing with speakers

tulsiyan

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I am contemplating buying one of the following speakers for my home theatre but before I finalise the speaker I want to find out which brand of AV Receivers pair best with these speakers so I can demo them with those respective AVRs before taking a final call. The speakers I have identified are the Dali Fazon F5, PSB Imagine T, Revel Concerta F12, Paradigm Studio 60 v5, Tannoy DC6T SE. Shall be highly grateful if I can get the opinions of the members of this forum. Thanks.

themovierooms

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I don’t know the PSB speakers or the Revel I’m afraid.

I always found that the following combinations (to my ear) work well, but the best thing to do is to have a demonstration as these things are invariably to personal taste.

Pioneer & Dali

Anthem & Paradigm

Yamaha/Anthem/Arcam & Tannoy

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Nice choices you have. I would go with the following having had some experience with them...

Pioneer Amp With Tannoy or Paradigm Speakers

& Yamaha Amp With Dali Speakers

Sound is very subjective so I would definately have an audition first though before any purchase, especially as you are the one who is going to listen the most.
smiley-smile.gif

Regards

tulsiyan

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Thank you both of u for your suggestions. I understand that the best shall be to demo the speakers with multiple pairings but my problem arises from the point that the dealers don't seem to stock multiple brands either in the speakers or the receivers. Therefore, I am confined to having to demo the speaker with the receiver the dealer happens to stock. I would assume that the reason the dealer would stock a certain brand of receiver with a specific speaker could very well be because according to him they pair well together but if I have an idea before hand of the best pairings then I can either carry a receiver with me for the demos or request him to arrange for one. Thanks for your inputs. Will keep them in mind.

TRENDING THREADS