AV amp with 2 HDMI outputs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Currently looking for one of the above, budget up to £800

I see none of the amps featured in last months review had this capability

Wanting mainly cinema sound cos I have an ancient Arcam AV50 and 9P power amplifier powering my speakers for CD playing

I would however look to replacing these and using one amp for both duties if I were to get better sound quality but do like the Arcams sound stage.

This may involve a slight increase in funds if appropriate.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
How about the Onkyo 905 - it's last years model but it really is a cracking home cinema amp (I know I have one!) and has the 2 HDMI outputs you need. It also has pre-outs so you can hook up your Arcam for stereo, though it is a pretty good musical amp in its own right.

A

Anonymous

Prof read your previous thread re this Amp

Problem is I need a black one (don't we all?)

Soz for that moderator I mean the Amp

The best price I found was at Richer but they only have silver
emotion-39.gif

Suggestions?

A

Anonymous

Prof the refurb unit looks and sounds on paper ...tops!

I was on their site yesterday but did'nt look at their refurb stuff

Richer no longer have the 905 and now sell the 906 which I have read somewhere is not as good as the 905 or was that the 876..over the 875..whatever!

They also want 1K for the 906.

That apart I have just told them about the price of the Pio 5090 of £1645 @ TLC Broadcast with 5yr warranty to see if they can do a price beat

I'm told that they have them in stock at Richer too.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Marantz SR6003. I'm looking at one of these myself. Looks good on paper and by all accounts it sounds great too. Demo to be sure though.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
From what I remember in the WHF reviews, I think the 876 and 906 were both improvements over the previous model, just not the massive improvements Onkyo had made the year before. Then Yamaha came along and stole all the awards! Still both great amps though, and probably the best for home cinema blockbusters - just lacking a little subtlety compared to the new Yamahas, Denons and Sonys.

A

Anonymous

Not seen any reviews on the Marantz SR6003 although the 2 models up don't achieve 5 star ratings with this mag

Would go with my Marantz CD player though

I just wonder if its up there with the big Onk

Pioneer Sc-LX81 anyone seen any deals

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The Marantz SR6003 is an amazing amp for the money and is very different in sound to the Onkyo. It depends on how good a sound in Stereo and Home Cinema you wish to achieve.

The SC-LX81 is in a different league to both though. Loads of authority to the sound, excellent placement of sound in surround and surprisingly good in stereo.

With the Missions the Marantz is probably the one to go for. If you are changing the speakers now or in the coming year I would opt for the Pioneer.

Nick

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that Nick

The new set up with the Pio 5090 was initially going to have the kef 3005se style package.

But now however I think I will put them with the other set up( below )and bring the missions in to this system seen as it will be going in a bigger room (30sq m )

The PioSc-LX81 would look good and reduce remotes but as you say is it the best amp for both movie and music?

You don't seem to recommend the Onkyo?

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The Onkyo's are very good and I do rate them but they are right in the middle of what you are looking to do. The Marantz will satisfy the need for two HDMI outputs and sound great to boot as well as save you some cash. If you want to push the boat out then the Pioneer is superior to the top Onkyo IMO and the best choice.

Nick

TRENDING THREADS