Auralex SubDude

A

Anonymous

piobob:

Most reviews are very good with this riser. But what do you guys think?

I have ordered one but still like your views.

I asked the same question about the Gramma and the Speaker dudes ,there doesnt seem to be any users on the forum

It would seem to work best on a suspended floor as it helps stop the floor working as a sounding board

A concrete slab does the same job ,but I have ordered a Gramma as it lifts the Sub by near 3" , easier to move nicer to look at than a slab as well

A

Anonymous

I did use these with my Monitor Audio BR2's when I had the speakers placed on a shelf - they worked, but speaker stands worked better.

A

Anonymous

ValianTX:I did use these with my Monitor Audio BR2's when I had the speakers placed on a shelf - they worked, but speaker stands worked better.I presume you are refering to Speakerdudes and not the Subdude.

My intention is to use Speakerdudes on my stands , did this not work wel or was "Naked" Stands better?

A

Anonymous

The stands will work fine on their own - in my opinion, you will not need these. I used the Auralex MoPad Isolation Pads for my speakers, btw.
http://www.musicdirect.com/products/images.php?i=-1&p=59476&h=81144

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
piobob:
Most reviews are very good with this riser. But what do you guys think?

I have ordered one but still like your views.

I use one of these with my sub and it made a great difference. The sub is now far less boomy and (my lounge is on the first floor) you can no longer hear incessant rumbling downstairs while the system is in use. I wish I had one of these in my old top floor flat. I might not have had to move out so quickly!

A

Anonymous

I live in a 1st floor flat and bought the following

3xgramma isolation platforms for my Harbeth HLP3ES monitors (already on Kudos S50 stands filled with Atabites) and REL Strata 2 sub

Mopads to perch the speakers on top of the stands

1 subdude on top of a gramma to further isolate the REL subwoofer (downward firing)

I remember buying the grammas first and the difference to my sub was stupendous. I had to turn the bass level down a little and could hear the extra extension immediately.

I suspect that I gained a lot due to my suspended floor - it was driven by an attempt to 'shield' the neighbours from bass I could detect when I went into another room (which is much improved).

To give an example - I put on the freeway chase in the 2nd Matrix film and detected for the first time (at moderate level) a deep but subtle electronic bass line beneath some of the dialogue which I did not hear before.

Worth every penny in my situation.

I tried flagstones but they still transmit vibration to the floor

PS the gramma is virtually the same product and cheaper than the subdude.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replys guys, I am mostly conserned with upsetting my neighbour than SQ (although that would be a bonus) Not sure the subdude will do the job on it's own though
emotion-6.gif

I live in an 80's end of terrace house which I had extended to have a cinema room etc some years ago. I didn't have a sub then, but since getting the RXW12 it shakes the whole place.

Had to laugh as my neighbour posted a note through the door complaing of the noise and on the note said that when she posted it my front door was vibrating lol

I know I can turn it down etc etc but that defeats the object ........I want a cinema experience

Just gonna have to splash more cash on soundproofing I guess
emotion-9.gif

Or I could shoot my neighbour
emotion-2.gif

DJEPSON

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
piobob, I am having the same problems with my neighour and my PV1, i have it so low now it defeats the object and I have a very nice but expensive paperweight !

I have one last option which is to move it into the conservatory which joins onto the lounge and as the is not connected to next door hopefully that will resolve the problem, just dont know what is will do to the sound quality.

If that fails then I had thought about building another party wall between us using good quality sound proofing material, but that is expensive

A

Anonymous

DJEPSON:
piobob, I am having the same problems with my neighour and my PV1, i have it so low now it defeats the object and I have a very nice but expensive paperweight !

I have one last option which is to move it into the conservatory which joins onto the lounge and as the is not connected to next door hopefully that will resolve the problem, just dont know what is will do to the sound quality.

If that fails then I had thought about building another party wall between us using good quality sound proofing material, but that is expensive

Yes that would be expensive.

Not sure your move to the conservatory would help, I should have said b/4 that my extension is on the side wall and obviously my neighbour is the other side, I have a doored off dining room that separates my lounge/Cinie room from her side, but still the noise gets through. guess I'll have to get some quotes for sounfroofing the wall or get a nice detached house and rock the whole road
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS