Question LCR speaker choice

davidevans

Dec 4, 2022
Visit site
Hey guys,

I want a good front stage LCR speakers that can play loud movies but also great music reproduction. This will be for a dedicated and treated room (19' by 13') and budget is 2500 eur tops for the three speakers. I will also have two subwoofers 15" (Tonewinner), so no full range necessary I think.

Thanks!

Could look at Ascendo. From The6 on-wall speaker which use a two-way, 6.5" coaxial driver, producing good off axis response as well as on axis. They have a pretty high sensitivity of 93dB (in the case of The6), and they're an easy 8ohm load so they're easy to drive and you don't necessarily need monster amplification. They're measured at 113dB continuous output and 117dB peak. The6 are £885 each, but not sure what they are in Euros.

davidevans

Dec 4, 2022
Visit site
Could look at Ascendo. From The6 on-wall speaker which use a two-way, 6.5" coaxial driver, producing good off axis response as well as on axis. They have a pretty high sensitivity of 93dB (in the case of The6), and they're an easy 8ohm load so they're easy to drive and you don't necessarily need monster amplification. They're measured at 113dB continuous output and 117dB peak. The6 are £885 each, but not sure what they are in Euros.
Thanks. I was also thinking if I should go with Hi-Fi speakers such as the Monitor Audio Silver 100, or if I should choose speakers that are more like reference or studio monitors such as those you recommended or the XTZ Cinema M6, for example.

I am unfamiliar with monitor speakers as I've always used hi-fi stuff at home. But since this will be a properly treated and EQ'd room with subwoofers, maybe monitor speakers make more sense?

Thanks. I was also thinking if I should go with Hi-Fi speakers such as the Monitor Audio Silver 100, or if I should choose speakers that are more like reference or studio monitors such as those you recommended or the XTZ Cinema M6, for example.

I am unfamiliar with monitor speakers as I've always used hi-fi stuff at home. But since this will be a properly treated and EQ'd room with subwoofers, maybe monitor speakers make more sense?
Floorstanding speakers aren't needed when using properly integrated subwoofers, and will usually provide a better in-room compatibility compared to floorstanders.

Hi-fi speakers will generally sound good for music, but because many of them are designed to produce a specific sound (ie, not a flat response), they don't all come across well with music - many of them will even struggle to come across with certain types of music.

The Ascendo speakers are two-way dual concentric, so are genuine point source loudspeakers, producing a more consistent response over a wider area than many conventional two-way loudspeakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts