AudioQuest Pearl Vs AudioQuest Forest Vs Chord SuperShield?

gtiboy

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi All, for those who have used these cables, from experience which delivers the crispest, detailed and most importantly fluid motion with no stutter?

BobNobbit

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
As long as the HDMI cable is up to spec and in working condition, there's no difference at all. Do your wallet a favour and purchase the cheapest HDMI cable you can find.

gtiboy

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
You say this, But I used the freebie hdmi cable that came with my Sky+ HD and this gave a jaggered, dull and blurry picture, I switched over to a £5 XO Platinium cable bought from amazon, and immediately notice a sharper picture with more vibrant colours.

Now im not saying you have to spend over a £100, and abit dubious that I can possibly get it any better than it already is. I just don't believe in this theory that all cables are the same when I can definitely see a difference between the two.

abacus

gtiboy said:
You say this, But I used the freebie hdmi cable that came with my Sky+ HD and this gave a jaggered, dull and blurry picture, I switched over to a £5 XO Platinium cable bought from amazon, and immediately notice a sharper picture with more vibrant colours.

Now im not saying you have to spend over a £100, and abit dubious that I can possibly get it any better than it already is. I just don't believe in this theory that all cables are the same when I can definitely see a difference between the two.

The Sky cable was obviously faulty and did not meet the HDMI specification, nothing more.

Bill

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
gtiboy said:

sounds like the cheap one was faulty if you say is gave a jaggered picture.

Also, please note that very few people if any will say that all cables are the same. There are many many different types of cables for all sorts of things, so it would be folly to say such a thing by anybody.

However, we can say, and this is by the HDMI collective - ie the people who made the standard and still do - that providing the HDMI cable is created to whichever standard that it is applied to, then there should be no difference in picture/sound quality between them. This does not apply to *all* cables, and in the case of this thread, it only applies to HDMI cables.

edit - as an edit, it's worth noting that one time it's worth spending "extra" (as in whatever you deem to be reasonable to you) on a HDMI cable is if you are running over 5m. Once you start to get above that, results in which cables work, and which cables don't can vary quite a lot.

TRENDING THREADS