Audioquest dragonfly vs maranatz pm6005 dac

gasolin

I would like to hear you opinion on what you think sounds best The dac in a marantz PM6005 or a audioquest dragonfly? (i no i have both and could test it myself) I have heard the dragonfly has a jitter filter not shure about an optical cable from my pc (asus maximus vii ranger mb) to the marantz PM6005 would have to much jitter compared to the dragonfly My point for asking is mabye to use the internal dac from my amp,sell the audioquest dragonfly,the supra mini jack to phono cable and use the money for a good optical cable (qed or supra) and use the rest of the money for something else or save it to buy something later

ChrisIRL

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I've been through a lot of dacs right up to €1000 price. Trust me, save up for a Chord Mojo. It destroys any other dac I've heard up to now in a full hifi system. The fact that it's also a portable amp/ dac is a nice bonus. Latest review on amazon is from a guy who is saying playing 320 kbps spotify on his phone through the mojo betters the dac in his Naim cdi playing cds. It really is that good. If you doubt anything in your hifi again it at least wont be your source.

gasolin

Tried yesterday comparing the dragonfly with the best supra cable and the dac in my amp with coaxial cable just above standard quality (above the standard cable that are an upgrade for cable you often get with an amp,cplayer...., theres the white (standard) red (that i have),blue and black which is the best)

Audioquest always won because it had a more clear and open sound (without sounding bright)

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
gasolin said:
Tried yesterday comparing the dragonfly with the best supra cable and the dac in my amp with coaxial cable just above standard quality (above the standard cable that are an upgrade for cable you often get with an amp,cplayer...., theres the white (standard) red (that i have),blue and black which is the best)

Audioquest always won because it had a more clear and open sound (without sounding bright)

I thought you were comparing DACs rather than cables.

Also, while I'm sure the Chord DAC is wonderful, would that really be the way to go considering the level of the rest of his kit? It would only make sense to me if he were planning to upgrade everything around the DAC.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts