Attention Clare, Andrew or The Prof

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Not yet, but then eBay's message service can be flaky - i'll send a follow-up today and let you know.

(PS - you know you mentioned melodrama in an earlier post? Can I gently suggest that describing anything to do with a cheap HDMI cable as causing you 'misery' may be another example of that).

Anyhow, i'm on the case.

Davo2008

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Yes, agreed, but the melodrama has turned a potentially wrist-slittingly boring thread into something akin to the season finale of 24! Your waiting to hear back from the cable guy is the end-of-episode cliffhanger!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Glad you're entertained. Anyway, I've bought one of the cables, which I guess should be with us next week.Please do not start nagging for an immediate test - it'll get seen/heard when we next do an HDMI round-up.

Davo2008

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Nice one! I hope you didn't have to shell out from your own pocket. How will we know that it's that specific cable you've tested if your cave-dwellers do it in a few weeks or whatever?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I think we can afford £3.99.....

And my exasperation is now at dangerously high levels re your above question - you'll know it's that cable by it being called the same as the seller does on eBay, with the same price. Oh, and the copy is likely to mention its provenance, too.

Really don't know what else you'd expect than that!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
There are threads, there are strange threads, and then there are just plain bizarre threads...

But this one is simply

VT-Common-CrackersNEW.jpg

A

Anonymous

Ummmmmmmmmmmm £3.99!

Does it come with a Free box of Cereal?

......................... NASTY ................................
emotion-5.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
ScoobyCanDo:Ummmmmmmmmmmm £3.99!

Does it come with a Free box of Cereal?

......................... NASTY ................................ [;]

I rest my case...

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:

I rest my case...

Is it a BIG case .................?
emotion-1.gif

Davo2008

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Not a free box of cereal, no, but he doesn't charge for postage!

£3.99 or not, I can tell you that it's a lot better than the £20 one I got from curry's with my old player....

A

Anonymous

Davo2008:

Not a free box of cereal, no, but he doesn't charge for postage!

£3.99 or not, I can tell you that it's a lot better than the £20 one I got from curry's with my old player....

What model was that, if you dont mind?

Davo2008

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
The HDMI lead? This one...

Clearly it's not a high end lead, but you'll still expect it to be better than one that costs £3.99......

A

Anonymous

WoW

I am having myself one of those, it will come in handy I am sure!

Household name it may not have, but specs it sure does!

A

Anonymous

Everybody knows the cheap HDMI's are the same as the expensive rip off ones....! :)

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:And today's "I'm getting dangerously near to banning someone because I'm beginning to think they're advertising this cable" thread is...

I smell something ........................ ''FISHY'' ?
emotion-3.gif

Does look a bit like a certain someone is pushing the cable on Ebay ................ NOT your Ebay user ID is it Davo
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts