ath m50x loud enough for phone?

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, as per heading, I'm thinking of getting the audio technical m50x to use with my phone. The reviews for the headphones are obviously very good, but I have seen one review where state that they might not be loud enough to use with a phone if outside or say on a train. Does anybody have experience with these and can therefore comment? Thank you.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Be plenty loud enough (at least it was for me when I tried those along with others with my WIndows phone (Lumia 1020))

I would audition if possible though, I found that the bass was a little on the overblown side.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Cheers,any idea what the 40x would be like? I like the reviews but I do think I'm after a fun sounding set with enough bass.

I have heard the akg y50, any idea how these compare with the audio technical?

Thanks.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Or more correctly, a phone might not be powerful enough to drive them to sufficient volume levels.

I don't think you need to worry. When tested on a small iPod and a phone they went plenty loud.

They go even louder with a headphone amp, but a phone or portable device is powerful enough to drive them to levels that will damage your hearing.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

"Loud Enough" might not represent the total picture. On trains and buses etc., the low frequencies in the environment can make a lot of headphones sound anemic, requiring a bass boost to satisfy many users. The boost lowers the efficiency in effect, and/or could raise the danger of ear damage somewhat, so experimentation is the best answer. And the M50 series are noted for a strong deep bass.

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I have a pair of these, and they're fine to be driven from my phone. In terms of volume, they're plenty loud enough to use on a train or outside, I use them to walk everyday, and they're great. Perhaps not for the tube, not enough isolation (no noise cancelation).

You won't regret getting these, they're sound great!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
hybridauth_Facebook_722444654 said:
I have a pair of these, and they're fine to be driven from my phone. In terms of volume, they're plenty loud enough to use on a train or outside, I use them to walk everyday, and they're great. Perhaps not for the tube, not enough isolation (no noise cancelation).

You won't regret getting these, they're sound great!

Nothing is great on the tube, in-ear better than headphones for sure.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts