ATC SCM11 integrated amplifier/all-in-one choice?

siudai8888

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I am thinking of getting the ATC SCM-11 speakers, and wonder if a Naim Uniti 2 (70W per channel) is sufficient to pair with these speakers (in a small living room)? If not, are there better choices? I am looking for medium priced integrated amps or (preferably) all-in-one system like the Uniti 2. Thanks for any pointers, Cheers!

Hi siudai8888

Yes, as long as you're not after constant disco like levels then the Uniti 2 has got enough power.

Alternatively also look at Naim's Nait XS 2, SuperNait 2, Hegel's H80, H300 and ATC's SIA2-150 MK1, SIA2-150 MK2 or their SIACD all in one player.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

siudai8888

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your comment! Should I be concerned that the "Recommended Power Amplifier" for the ATC SCM-11 is 75W to 300W, while the "Power Outputs" for the Naim Uniti 2 is only "70W per channel into 8 ohm" according to the published specs? Cheers!

rainsoothe

hi

no, you shouldn't, Naims have a lot of juice. But do consider the Supernait 2, imo it sounds better then the Unity 2. Also, i hear only great things about them Hegels and the ATC, so you should give those a whirl as well. Simaudio Moon are pretty kickass as well.

Try to audition it all though, and if the dealer is cool, let them make suggestions as well, some stuff might surprise you and give you exactly the kind of sound you're after.

goodluck

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Have a look at the AVI ADM 9RS.

Standmount active speakers with DAC, remote pre-amp and dedicated power amps. 2 digital [optical] and 1 pair analogue inputs, 2 year warranty, cabling and delivery for just £1250. Just add a source and you are likely to have the best hifi experience of your life. I certainly did. Save yourself a bundle of cash to spend on other things.

Good luck in your quest.

Lefty

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I am using a made in China EL34 push pull tube amp, rated 50W, with ATC Scm11. Love it. Never felt out of breath, though i mostly listen at neighbor friendly volume.

siudai8888 said:
Thanks for your comment! Should I be concerned that the "Recommended Power Amplifier" for the ATC SCM-11 is 75W to 300W, while the "Power Outputs" for the Naim Uniti 2 is only "70W per channel into 8 ohm" according to the published specs? Cheers!

Hi siudai8888

Your welcome.

No, you should be fine. In addition to a Uniti 2 we've also used/clients are using amplification with curved SCM11 monitors such as a NAD C325BEE (50w), Naim NAP100 (50w), Rotel RA-10 (40w), etc.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

siudai8888

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
In my quest to find a good amp for the ATC SCM11, I had a demo of the speakers with these integrated amps in a shop today: (a) Naim 5si (60W p/c); (b) ATC SIACD (100W p/c) and (c) Luxman L-507uX (110W p/c). The sound of the Luxman 507uX was simply beautiful, much more refined than the ATC SIACD and more solid and powerful than the Naim 5si. The price tag of the 507uX was however beyond my budget (about GBP 2,850). I was told about the 505uX (100W p/c) which fits my budget (about GBP 1,690), but unfortunately the shop did not have one for demo. Has any one here paired the Luxman 505uX with the ATC SCM-11? Cheers!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts