ATC CDA2 source...

hone_u2

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone!

After numerous posts on this forum I think im finally settling on ATC CDA2 moving from Naim's separates kit having the ND5 XS as the source...

Now, my setup is based around the ND5 XS... NAS > AirPort Extreme > Source (was ND5 XS) and UPnP control from iPad

The CDA2 obviosuly doesn't have that... It just has a DAC capable of 24/192 with a host of digital inputs but no USB.

To remedy this I thought of just getting a device that could receive the digital data and transmit the same sample rate and bit rate to the CDA2 for playback.

Now, Thats the problem, I can't find such a device that has a digital out capable of 192/24.

I thought of Chord's Index, but unfortunately it doesn't have a digital out supporting the high res files either... But Chord functionally would be amazing...

Sonos doesn't have high res either...

If the files are transmitted to the index, downscaled by it because of no support for high def, then upscaled by the CDA2, would that result in any loss...??? I'm thinking yes, and it would be an absolute waste of my content being in native 24/192...

So I could use all the help you can offer THANKS!!! :D :D :D

philipjohnwright

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
A laptop or small computer running iTunes, JRiver, or similar?

Sound quality will be up there with the best, and it will handle the highest quality files (inc DSD). Some don't like having OSX or Windows in the hifi chain. If they're not too au fait with computers or if they want to really focus on simplicity then fine. For some its idealogical; well I suppose it takes all sorts!

You get the added bonus of being able to play Spotify and access fantastic websites like NPR Music; ok they're lower quality but still great for new music and content you can't get elsewhere.

Just a suggestion........

hone_u2

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

Thanks for your reply...

You know the problem with that is that my computer is on the exact opposite end of the room... And running a cable would mean 8mts... Ive never been too comfortable with over 5ms...

Having a source that takes in Ethernet and has a digital output capable of 192/24 is what I would prefer...

thanks

TRENDING THREADS