Are you tinkering or tweaking your HiFi to achieve the best setting?

Jasonovich

If you have an issue with your HiFi, here's a tissue!
Better still, just tinker with it for the best results.

Visually my bedroom HiFi wasn't doing it for me, it was stacked up on top of each other, separated by solid chopping wood placed on absorption pads.
It was a little painful for the eyes.

1725634881463.png

I purchased a printer trolley with the perfect dimensions. I took the wheels off, I was able to fit the amp under the lowest shelf but it left very little space for the amp to breath, not ideal because this potentially can cause the amp to over heat.
I was thinking of placing carbon fibre absorption pads under the leg, but that only increase the height by another 20mm, not much.
I came across table or bed extender 'shoes', full metal, where the legs sit, it has a very firm absorption material, which nullified unwanted vibrations. The diameter was crazy wide (designed for beds and tables!), still, it increased the gap between the lower shelf and amp. More importantly, its done the job at small costs.

If you've done any tinkering on your HiFi, please I like to hear from you :)

1725634363753.png
1725634457247.png1725634521744.png

Gray

I'm not the right person to be commenting on visuals Jason (as I've got silver, black and gold components in a converted Ikea double wardrobe - and prior to that a kitchen larder unit, both used for their depth).

But I still think your speakers look a bit too likely to end up hitting the deck.
They must be more secured than they look 🤔

Reactions: Jasonovich

Jasonovich

I'm not the right person to be commenting on visuals Jason (as I've got silver, black and gold components in a converted Ikea double wardrobe - and prior to that a kitchen larder unit, both used for their depth).

But I still think your speakers look a bit too likely to end up hitting the deck.
They must be more secured than they look 🤔
I'm not the right person to be commenting on visuals Jason (as I've got silver, black and gold components in a converted Ikea double wardrobe - and prior to that a kitchen larder unit, both used for their depth). Ha ha ha fair enough :ROFLMAO:

The speakers are absolutely stable Gray, that is because the set of drawers they're resting on, is solid wood. When you walk past it, there's no vibration from the drawers, dead weight. I'm surprised it hasn't gone through the the floor board. I would never trust putting them on flimsy furniture but these timbers from Oakland is like lump of rock. :)

Reactions: Gray

Gray

I'm not the right person to be commenting on visuals Jason (as I've got silver, black and gold components in a converted Ikea double wardrobe - and prior to that a kitchen larder unit, both used for their depth). Ha ha ha fair enough:ROFLMAO:

The speakers are absolutely stable Gray, that is because the set of drawers they're resting on, is solid wood. When you walk past it, there's no vibration from the drawers, dead weight. I'm surprised it hasn't gone through the the floor board. I would never trust putting them on flimsy furniture but these timbers from Oakland is like lump of rock. :)
I'd be more concerned about a flying cat knocking them off - don't forget the trouble I had with mine:
IMG_20220810_121921_MP.jpg

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
I did start tinkering with an old favourite amp of mine via the dreaded by some EQ route.
Being no stranger to EQing music etc usually when djaying I thought I'd try the belleri 570 on the a400 and QA 3050 I's.

It started with heavy bass making my legs itch with certain music when wearing jeans along side the mirror vibrating into a harmonic symphony 😁
But after a play around I came to the usual choice of preferring my music raw and just placed rubber pads behind the mirror salvaged from ones overflowing junk box of many things, I think they were isolation pads/feet off some past gizmo 😆

Now I'm back to the original tinnitus inspiring sound I've always loved the amp for.

I've got 🤬 Dirac 🤬 to set up in the other room suffice to say I loath the thing hence I've got as far as connecting the microphone to the amp and the laptop set up ready and left it at that on top of the system deck iix.
It's been there for about 3 months 😮
The thought of being a contortionist with a mic followed with a full on consultation with the laptop for hrs as the following result nearly always needs a further tinkering with far beyond satisfaction means the last attempt had me playing command and conquer on the laptop instead.

I've since started acoustic room treatments via acoustic foam on the walls behind the listening position aka the bed and speakers and will be treating the corners.

I say started what I really mean is I've got the materials in ready.

Tbh with me being sick for awhile now I've been enjoying my other much older hifi too much to even contemplate starting things anymore convincingly than setting things up ready and a minor muck around with the Bellari EQ

Reactions: Revolutions
Our living room looks like a bankrupt Hifi shop this week! I bought some 40 year old speakers on a whim a fortnight ago, and last week began a long overdue resurrection of my Nakamichi cassette deck, plus another Nak I acquired from the speaker seller (who was disposing of his later father’s cherished gear).

Look at this fabulous thing…

IMG_2460.png

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts