Are people scared to post here now?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
seakingadvice:Hahaha. I guess people just need to realise that everyone here is dishing out FREE advice so unless they are paying to receive replies to their questions, nobody can expect/demand that their question is answered.

I think not many posts go unanswered anyway so don't see this as a major problem on this site.

Yeah, i've just replied to your post about the 103" B&O plasma. You won't like it but hey, I MUST REPLY TO EVERY POST!!1!! ZORT!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Big Chris:the_lhc:<snip>

Hahaha. Made me laugh, but you're spot on.

:)

Finally! I thought I was being ignored but it turns out it's only the really intelligent people that understand me...

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Cofnchtr:Hi,

I have rectified my post to say what I wanted to say so everyone could understand it - as mentioned previously it was not written very well. Local dialect is not passed on very well in written form.

Had I intended to exclude the staff of the mag I wouldn't have mentioned them at all. My use of 'other than' was instead of 'as well as' in the context I was trying to use it.

I was trying to say that users and staff were knowledgeable.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

No problem, Cofnchtr, I understand what you meant now and I'm the first to acknowledge I can be a little testy when folks slag the job we do here. I shan't be such a mimosa in future.

A

Anonymous

With this being the 78th post, it would seem that the answer is "no".

A

Anonymous

the_lhc:
seakingadvice:Hahaha. I guess people just need to realise that everyone here is dishing out FREE advice so unless they are paying to receive replies to their questions, nobody can expect/demand that their question is answered.

I think not many posts go unanswered anyway so don't see this as a major problem on this site.

Yeah, i've just replied to your post about the 103" B&O plasma. You won't like it but hey, I MUST REPLY TO EVERY POST!!1!! ZORT!

Well, at least you replied so that has made me less afraid to post stuff on this site! But I think you're slacking off a bit as there have been some other recent posts with no replies yet! :)

A

Anonymous

tractorboy:With this being the 78th post, it would seem that the answer is "no".

But the people posting on this thread are presumably those who aren't afraid given that the replies here are not coming from newbies.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Im scared of asking questions for fear of being banned
emotion-43.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
seakingadvice:tractorboy:With this being the 78th post, it would seem that the answer is "no".

But the people posting on this thread are presumably those who aren't afraid given that the replies here are not coming from newbies.

I was being serious when I said I think long and hard about replying to any technical query though, because I'm getting a bit tired of all my answers being questioned because I haven't allowed for every conceivable possibility (one of the people in question has recently made an amateur mistake regarding tape and video formats, which I could have leapt on just to give them an idea of what it's like, but I can't be bothered, and I'd probably get moaned at anyway...). I just can't be bothered with stating the obvious, so I might just confine myself to nonsense in the future (it's not much of an effort...).

idc

The art to successful posting is to have a sense of humour, understand that mistakes over meaning are more easily made on a forum when we rely purely on the writen word, as so much communication is with expression. Oh and it helps if look like this............................................................

White%20Rhinos%20-%20Stolz,%20Gary%20M%20-%20USFWS.JPG

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
aliEnRIK:Im scared of asking questions for fear of being banned
emotion-43.gif

You left the word 'again' off the end of that post...

My bad

..............AGAIN
emotion-2.gif

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Or is it just more I have something worthwhile to contribute to this forum and a high percentage do not because they are frightened of their authenticity being accepted by SEASONED members is somewhat ofputting. Fortunately for me my age and profession allows a certain angle.

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Im not sure if I am classed as a "seasoned" member (over 1 year now), but I do spend more time than is probably healthy on here. I think this is a very friendly forum 99% of the time with alot of good advice given by the team and us mere mortals. I don't post a huge amount mainly due to lack of experience, but I have no worries posting if I think I can help.

Some posts can get a bit heated and you do get the odd numpty on here from time to time, but I don't think that small portion puts people off posting. I must admit that I do tend to give the cable wars a wide berth though

One thing I do like is that you never know what you are going to find on the forums. Anything from your average technical help question to which biscuit is best, you just never know. I've learnt alot in the last year, had alot of laughs along the way and even appeared in the magazine
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts