Are people scared to post here now?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

John Duncan

Andrew Everard:You won't be saying that when you've had a visit from the Berocca distributors...

I'm more worried about the Anti-Shoes. Unless they're anti-gravity, which would be cool...*

(*note to confused readers - it's Employee Wellbeing Day at WHF Towers.....)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, it's not an in-joke, it really is Employee Wellbeing Day here at Haymarket Sur Riviere. Next week it's 'name a meeting room' time, where the lucky winners get the chance to name and decorate one of our meeting rooms. It's all very Blue Peter...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I loved the way that to fight back, the coffee shop started selling some exquisite little chocolate biscuits....
emotion-21.gif

John Duncan

Andrew Everard:No, it's not an in-joke, it really is Employee Wellbeing Day here at Haymarket Sur Riviere. Next week it's 'name a meeting room' time, where the lucky winners get the chance to name and decorate one of our meeting rooms. It's all very Blue Peter...

Maybe we should throw the "name a meeting room" thing out there to the forum.......?

The Salisbury Hippy Suite has a certain ring to it.......

Sliced Bread

Andrew Everard:No, it's not an in-joke, it really is Employee Wellbeing Day here at Haymarket Sur Riviere. Next week it's 'name a meeting room' time, where the lucky winners get the chance to name and decorate one of our meeting rooms. It's all very Blue Peter...

Sounds like a clever way to get cheap decorators AND make the staff feel like they are honoured to do so :)

idc

Sounds like a very nice place to work. Someone at my work had the job of numbering all of the rooms so that property services would know which room is which. It appears that they do not know terms such as conference room, kitchen, male toilet.

On that basis I think that you should call the meeting room 11.204.76 so as not to get it confused with any other room that is not a meeting room.

Hope this helps and further increases Employee Wellbeing.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Maybe we should throw the "name a meeting room" thing out there to the forum.......?

The Salisbury Hippy Suite has a certain ring to it.......

At least we wouldn't have to worry about cabling the place then...

Sliced Bread

Personally I am just as happy to post here as ever, however there are certain topics that I just avoid now. A week or so ago I wrote quite a lengthy response to a HDMI query, only to delete it about 1 minute later because I couldn't be bothered with the backlash of daring to have an opinion.

My new personal rule: Keep any responses on HDMI and mains cables to a minimum. Only respond with the generic response of "If you like it buy it, if you don't then don't". Do not reveal that you believe they work, or you will have to check back for one week following the said comment to check to see if anyone has said that you are: A) lying; B) Been bribed; C) Are stupid and should not be entitled to an opinion; or, D) All of the above.
emotion-6.gif

John Duncan

Andrew Everard:I can't believe that this has been up on the news pages for half an hour and no-one's taken the bait yet...

Ah but which one sounds better - the black, silver or orange?

And when can we expect a WHF?S&V test?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:And when can we expect a WHF?S&V test?

When they've finished installing the hydraulic rams to lower Haymarket Towers below the car-park, Marineville-stylee, at the first sign of trouble...

Sliced Bread

Andrew Everard:I can't believe that this has been up on the news pages for half an hour and no-one's taken the bait yet...

Allow me to be the first:

Whether you believe in burn in or not, £695 is alot of money for the few times you'd actually use it (i.e. when you buy new cable) and the small amount of time you will save
emotion-1.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
JohnNewman:Allow me to be the first:

Whether you believe in burn in or not, £695 is alot of money for the few times you'd actually use it (i.e. when you buy new cable) and the small amount of time you will save
emotion-1.gif

If only all responses were as well-considered...

A

Anonymous

It's a Blue Horizon product - must be a joke about fleetwood mac, black magic woman or green manalishi in there somewhere...

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site

emotion-1.gif
Andrew, I sometimes think that you like opening cans of worms.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:I think we're already beyond the Blue Horizon jokes...

Isn't it staff wellbeing day?

Anyone spot the accidental odd man out in my post?

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
laserman16: Andrew, I sometimes think that you like opening cans of worms.

Not only does Andrew own a worm-canning facility, I think you'll find he's heir to tin-opener millions...

TRENDING THREADS