Are MA Silver 6 much better than the RX 6?

obiwan kenobi

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
For my music, most metal, i still looking at speakers. This week i will hear the b&w 685s2, cm6s2 and cm8s2. Here in Holland English speakers will increase in price. I think because of the weak Euro. Now i saw that there is still new MA RX 6 speakers in highgloss black for 585 Euro? Is this a good deal?

A

Anderson

I doubt you'd hear a difference between the two, seems like an excellent price especially considering the gloss finish.

obiwan kenobi

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
No Dynaudio! I've heard the Focus and Exite and it sounds very bad with metall and rock.

No; it will be B&W or MA. I think B&W sounds warmer, fuller than MA with not so bright highes. Now for me Nr. 1. I hope tomorrow listen to the CM8S2 and also the cheap 685S2. Also to the MA Silver 6. From MA i like theur enthousiastic sound. But afraid they are too bright.

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Imo. the MA Silver 6 are not "better" than the older RX6,just slightly more forgiving in treble and so easier to pair with amps.Price for RX6 is hot.It will depend on your amp and room situation if the RX6 are right for you,not the easiest speaker to get them right.Silver 6 and B&W are safer bet imo.

obiwan kenobi

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
When i choosd the b&w cm8s2 then also the rotel 1570 amp. Which amp will be for the 685s2 the best?and if ma silver 6 i dont know. Marantz, mf, nad, arcam, roksan k3?

obiwan kenobi

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
For my music, metal and rock, thd winner was b&w 683s2. Also very good the cm5s2 and 685s2 (amazing good speaker for the money). But for my music i need bass and that's why the 683s2 won. And surprising very good sounding with the arcam a19.

Monitor audio sounds bad with my music. No body and very bright. It hurt my ears.

obiwan kenobi

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
No, no dubt, it will be B&W. My only concern is that the 683s2 maybe too big. I can place the speakers only 55 cm from the wall. Thats why i was thinking of the cm8s2. But tge dealer told me that was not so good. Then you must take the cm9s2. But then it will be also too big (and expensive).

if no floorstander then i think i take the 685s2. The cm5s2 was a little better and looks beatiful but not for that price. Then the 685s2 is the best.

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
obiwan kenobi said:
Monitor audio sounds bad with my music. No body and very bright. It hurt my ears.

Seems that MA have a reputation for brightness which i think is unfair and which many jump on and criticise without substance. I've a pair of RX6's, play rock, metal and mainly guitar based music, and don't have your issues.
Perhaps it's your amps, or just preconceived ideas having listened to others opinions.

obiwan kenobi

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for you, but it was really bright. My music like Sirenia, Nightwish, Hammerfall, Xandria etc sounded so much better on B&W, warmer, fuller and feamle voices are not too bright like on the MA.

rucha1954

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Yes, the silver 6 are a big improvement over the rx6. More detailled mids, more extended bass and cleaner highs.

I had both te rx6 and the rs6, and this is the bigest improvement over the previous generation.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts