Arcam SA20 vs. Cambridge CXA81

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Alkot

Feb 3, 2021
Visit site
It would be interesting to compare Naim 5si. It's pure amplifire without digital to analog converter, I believe that Naim's sound could be more interesting/better, I've seen positive video reviews. But I thought one more time and decided not to overpay:
Price Roksan K3 = Price Naim 5si = 1.5*Price Arcam SA20.
Arcam SA 20 also has positive options: phono, optical. I'm going to use it for TV and in future turntabe. Any problem can be solved for sure but it needs extra money. It's expensive to buy full system))))))))))))
So I made prepayment for Arcam SA20 yestarday))) It remains only to be patient and wait for March)))))
You auditioned quite a few there, so go with your instinct and preferences and buy what you like. Haven't heard the new Dali Opticons, but they should be great. If your room can accomodate them, they should go great with the Arcam. If you can afford one and have the possibility to demo, try to also hear a Naim 5si (don't look at the wattage). Ask your dealer to partner it with speakers of your choice, then with what they would partner one with. Naim also goes great with the type of music you're listening too, but Arcam's "big sound" style might help more with badly recorded metal.

Thank you for suggestion

It would be interesting to compare Naim 5si. It's pure amplifire without digital to analog converter, I believe that Naim's sound could be more interesting/better, I've seen positive video reviews. But I thought one more time and decided not to overpay:
Arcam SA 20 also has positive options: phono, optical. I'm going to use it for TV and in future turntabe. Any problem can be solved for sure but it needs extra money. It's expensive to buy full system))))))))))))
So I made prepayment for Arcam SA20 yestarday))) It remains only to be patient and wait for March)))))

Thank you for suggestion

I would suggest if you like the Arcam sound you probably won't like the Naim. I've demoed a number of Naims over the years and they are very speaker dependent.

rainsoothe

But I thought one more time and decided not to overpay:

Thank you for suggestion

Awesome, I envy you so much for that! Enjoy your new amp! For the record, the SA20 and 5si are the same price in ro, that's why I suggested it, didn't know it was that much more expensive there.

In any case, you did your research, you did your auditioning, so all should be great!

walterandbruges

Mar 3, 2021
Visit site

Thank you for suggestion

I'd be interested to know how you find the Arcam SA20. It is something I'm eyeing for the future. I am currently still using the 2005 Arcam Solo Music, so it's 15 years old and still going strong. I have it paired with Tannoy DC1 bookshelves. I'm just waiting on some Tannoy xt6f speakers (floorstanders for the first time for me). I have read that Arcam and Tannoy go well together. I'm kind of relieved I didn't get the Wharfedale Lintons now, given some warning off such a potential combo with Arcam. Maybe no-one mentioned Tannoy because Dali's are perfectly equal to the task or maybe even better. I'm glad to find some conversation about the new Arcam kit. I'd be getting the Arcam CD player too, so it will be quite a cost and I'll need to wait and save the money. I figured that getting the new Tannoys, now reduced because they are a few years old, was a future-proof move. My DC1s are also still going strong after 15 years and I'll put them with a different system.

Cheers,
walterandbruges

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts