Arcam rDac keeps cutting out

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have had an rDac for about 3 months now connected to my pure i20 iPod dock via coax, it had been running fine until a couple of weeks ago while playing it suddenly cut off. The green light was still lit on the front but the input select button was unresponsive. A simple power on/off resolved the issue, but it has done it several more times since with no pattern, sometimes it will play fine for hours other times it will cut out after several minutes. Each time I have to disconnect it from the mains. I have emailed Arcam about the problem but just wondered if anyone else has had a similar issue before I take it back for an exchange.

A

Anonymous

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. My rDac is about 1 year old and on coax input from

a Squeezebox, it keeps cutting the signal, sometimes on and off with very short intervals.

Did you find out how to fix the problem?

Jumping Jack

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Have you checked the fuses of the dac already?

I experienced the same problem with my North Star Design Essensio Dac. The fuses were fine, so I unplugged it for a couple of days (eg. more than a week), and now it works without any problem...

A

Anonymous

i had the same problem with my r-dac, it was replaced for a new unit ,the new one developed the same problem and was returned to the dealer . thereplacement works fine, never could find out what the problem was, but the the second replacement was sent out straight away and looked like a refurb unit

A

Anonymous

I had exactly the same problem, started happening after a couple of months. It was replaced (the shop couldn't believe an Arcam product could develop a fault at first, but they were able to replicate the problem) and the new unit has been fine for about 6 months now. Sounds like a common fault on the rDAC.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts