Arcam AVR600 - banana-plug compatible?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I was just checking out on-line the Arcam AVR600's owner's manual, and it doesn't state that it is compatible with banana-plug speaker cables. It only mentions bare-wiring and spade (lug?) connection.

So, the question is whether the Arcam AVR600 is able to accept banana-plug speaker cables?

Dan.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Yes it is
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks a lot, guys. That's why I love these Forums; I get more information than almost anywhere else!

A

Anonymous

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your good feedback on the AV8003 early this year. Will you audition the Arcam AVR600 as by the review it seems a stunner - interested in how it compares as it seems a similar price to the separates you and I have: AV8003 + NAD and AV8003 + MM 8003 respectively. Yeah I know; need to audition myself . . .

cheers Doug

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
dantan:
I was just checking out on-line the Arcam AVR600's owner's manual, and it doesn't state that it is compatible with banana-plug speaker cables. It only mentions bare-wiring and spade (lug?) connection.

So, the question is whether the Arcam AVR600 is able to accept banana-plug speaker cables?

Dan.

Believe it or not, banana plug connections are against EU regulations! That's why you don't see any mention of them in any manuals and the manufacturer has to plug the holes with little plastic stops that we have to prise out with a knife before putting a banana plug in.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts