Apple TV (2) power cord upgrade?

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
PLEASE: I don't wish to start a pointless debate about the pros and cons of upgrading power leads.

Can I just ask, has anyone upgraded the mains cable for the black Apple TV? If so, to what? and was it worth it?

Thanks

GazzyP

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
Unless I am mistaken, the 2nd gen Apple TV outputs audio on 48khz rather than a non-messed-about-with 44.1kz so why worry about power cables?

Its little more than a toy.

Which I think is a shame.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Well, if you want a simple and relatively affordable way of streaming iTunes audio/video from your computer to TV, it's still worth considering IMHO. Yes, it outputs audio at 48kHz [which I admit is odd], but that might not be a deal breaker for everyone.

And in response to roger06, no I haven't tried upgrading the power cable - use mine with the standard one.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
GazzyP:
Unless I am mistaken, the 2nd gen Apple TV outputs audio on 48khz rather than a non-messed-about-with 44.1khz..

What does that mean ?

Mine sounds impressive so far - considering I'm not even using a DAC...

Paul.

I have my atv2 powered off of my Onkyos AC outlet. The atv2 doesn't power up until my amp is powered up, which is nice. I notice no difference in sq plugging it in to the wall or the amp, so see no downside to doing this.

daveh75

roger06:GazzyP:
Unless I am mistaken, the 2nd gen Apple TV outputs audio on 48khz rather than a non-messed-about-with 44.1khz..

What does that mean ?

It means the ATV 2 upsamples audio and isn't bit perfect...

DavieCee

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
daveh75:roger06:GazzyP:

What does that mean ?

Which we keep reading and I assume is technically correct but the question is - How does that affect what you hear?

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
DavieCee:daveh75:roger06:GazzyP:

What does that mean ?

Which we keep reading and I assume is technically correct but the question is - How does that affect what you hear?

Yes - that's what I'm asking!!

Does it affect detail, clarity, bass?

And why does it 'upsample' ? surely that's a deliberate process?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts