APC Belkin PureAV Home Theater Power Console PF40 - AP21000UK3M - £45.80 delivered

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Ronald Archiebald:
Stu31,

How are you getting on with this? Any feedback?

Ronald

Hi Ronald

I didn't wanna post to early as i wanted to let everything settle in, I found visually less noise on sky and freeview pictures than when using the tacima (admittedly my tacima was only 2 weeks old tho), sonically for home cinema not alot of difference to my ears, with music I can definately hear subtle differences throughout the volume range more so at higher volumes.
I've routed the tv aerial through, I have my amp in the hi current socket and i decided to put my blu ray into the audio filter rather than the video filter so that way i can switch them both completely off rather than leaving them on stand by.
Don't know what i expected but I found it odd how the voltage bounces about 238-245v and the total loading when i have the blu ray, amp and tv on is still less than 2amps which was suprising to me.
I had a space in my rack so overall a bargain for me at £45 but its not for everyone because of the sheer size of the unit its nearly as big as my amp!

stu

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
just to add as stated above i bought two - 1 for my stereo and 1 for my home cinema system - my voltage seems to bounce from about 242 to 250 so my mains seems pretty high but amazing the fluctuations you see

when using my stereo the amp gage doesn't really show much until i start to turn things up then obviously draws more power - when i have all of my home cinema stuff on hits about 2.5/3 amps which is the most i've seen it get up to

i have routed my sky signals through it using both the cable and sat tv feeds not sure how much difference is down to that but think more down to the mains side - what i would say is that to me less noise, clearer picture, more depth of image have to say in my setup has made quite a subtle difference but i use a projector on a 106inch screen so probably far easier to tell. Sonically everything is just a little clearer in the high frequencies range especially with the stereo I'm very pleased

the unit is big and has to be pushed right to the back of my cabinet as the sockets are close to the bottom, i might chop something out of the bottom of my cabinet or just live with how it is

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
photo1.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo5.jpg

sorry about the low res pics that the iphone for you - if have time might update with some proper shots

A

Anonymous

Did you measure the sky signal before and after going through the pf40, just interested to know if the signal dropped off or stayed the same ?

A

Anonymous

stu31:Did you measure the sky signal before and after going through the pf40, just interested to know if the signal dropped off slightly or stayed the same ?

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i noticed no difference although those charts in the menu aren't that acurate but had no problems with the picture since no drop outs etc - when i checked the levels though it said the second feed was stronger so i switched the cables over on the back of the sky box and it still said the second signal was stronger so not sure if there is actually a booster in the sky box otherwise I would have expected the stronger signal to swap

A

Anonymous

Don't know whereabouts on the forum the above is posted at a rather low price but I have responded because many customers are asking me if it's any good and should they buy it. The same thing happened about 2 years ago with Dell, they had a glitch on their website offering guess what, the very same item at £35 if I remember instead of £165, a stampede resulted with web sales of 100 units to a single person and numerous others trying to buy loads to sell on.

The same thing has happened again it seems, all the sites listing this get a live feed from Belkin as they all buy it from them direct and ship it to you, Belkin says the product does not exist now and a new model is due out any day now. If you managed to place an order from anyone it is highly un-likely the goods will arrive and due to the changes in the sale of goods act (since the 1960's it has changed quite a lot) you cannot demand the item at the advertised price.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
mains cables r us:

Don't know whereabouts on the forum the above is posted at a rather low price but I have responded because many customers are asking me if it's any good and should they buy it. The same thing happened about 2 years ago with Dell, they had a glitch on their website offering guess what, the very same item at £35 if I remember instead of £165, a stampede resulted with web sales of 100 units to a single person and numerous others trying to buy loads to sell on.

The same thing has happened again it seems, all the sites listing this get a live feed from Belkin as they all buy it from them direct and ship it to you, Belkin says the product does not exist now and a new model is due out any day now. If you managed to place an order from anyone it is highly un-likely the goods will arrive and due to the changes in the sale of goods act (since the 1960's it has changed quite a lot) you cannot demand the item at the advertised price.

not sure what that's all about but this is a discontinued product as far as i know which was why prices are so cheap i guess - but as to the above can't comment but did buy two as metioned in first post and supplied pictures on page 2 - this was a deal and a great product in my opinion!

scene

I've just had an online chat with one of the companies listing this item. This is what they said:

"They are obsolete now"

"Should have been taken of the website"
"
ho hum.

A

Anonymous

Thx Andrew, seems a few people have managed to get 1 of these at a bargain price so good for them.

A

Anonymous

Still a few left online currently in stock at "cleverboxes" for £44.03 or alternatively the smaller pf30 looks a pretty good buy

scene

stu31:Still a few left online currently in stock at "cleverboxes" for £44.03 or alternatively the smaller pf30 looks a pretty good buy
Cleverboxes was (were?) the retailer(s?) I contacted and got told that the PF40 was an obsolete product and should have been taken off the website.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
mains cables r us:

I recall similar for a graphics card which was around 1k new which was being sold for about 100 quid. (Ebay was on fire that week)

They sent me an email a couple of weeks later saying they couldnt uphold the price
emotion-4.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts