Belkin/PureAV Mains Noise Sniffer - £19.99 with free P&P

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Instead of assuming there's noise on your mains supply and that you therefore absolutely must have a mains conditioner, here's an opportunity to find out for real! This is similar in function to the one that Russ Andrews hires out for £20 a go... by plugging it into a mains socket by your home cinema/hi-fi/fridge it converts mains glitches/noise into audible noise. By then plugging this device directly into your mains conditioner, it should audibly demonstrate how effective that is (or isn't) at removing that particular flavour of mains noise... or whether you even need a mains conditioner at all. It's a brilliant gizmo/tool IMHO, and for £19.99 including P&P an absolute steal... I'm only choked that I paid £70 retail for mine several years ago!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-PureAV-Power-Sniffer-Detector/dp/B00361FY2Y

On a similar theme, if you do need a mains conditioner, there're also a few of the excellent PureAV PF30's listed too at £49.99 inc P&P... Not as cheap as they were last year, but still a snip considering their original retail price, and streets ahead of the Lindy/Tacima in both performance and construction... in my view of course!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-PUREAV-Cinema-Console-Socket/dp/B000EMTIZM

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
:? :? Hello Keith

Long time no hear, how's you doing?

I must say that i've been tempted in the Belkin PF30 for sometime now as it does look a nice piece of kit.

As you may know already i'm using a Tacima with which brought me some great "surprising" results, just wandering how much better the PF30 would be really :?

Mind you even if it brought the same results as the Tacima it would be worth it still to have a flashy looking Mains block :D

What where the differences you noticed between the Tacima and Belkin mate?

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Hi Jase!

There were a couple of lengthy threads somewhere on this forum last year about the PureAV PF30.

From our previous posts, I think that my electricity is slightly different to yours because I didn't get on with the Tacima at all! (my Tacima has been relegated to PC/Network duties!).

In essence, the PF30 is like three Tacimas stuck together: It similarly deals with surges/spikes, smoothing, and RFI/EMI as the Tacima does and in a similar manner, but more comprehensively. On the PF30, two circuits are 'tuned' to screen out different frequency hash for display and source duties, and the third circuit is tuned for amp use, crucially omitting the choke from the circuit - the thing in the Tacima which IMO causes the sound to be compressed. So it does what a Tacima does, but more precisely in-as-far as each circuit is individually 'tuned' - and it's in a nice shiny box! The front panel power switch is handy too, 'cos plasma's still suck a lot of juice if left on standby!

With my kit & electricity (my electricity is pretty clean - its RFI and EMI that cause my problems), it cleans up the Panny display and Media streamer very well (1st circuit), and to a lesser degree the 2500 (2nd circuit). The receiver (3rd circuit) improves marginally but I suspect only because it's being isolated from the other two.

Not sure how well it'd work for you though Jase!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts