APC Belkin PureAV Home Theater Power Console PF40 - AP21000UK3M - £45.80 delivered

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
mines due for delivery in the next hour - from reading on other sites is built like a tank and very good at what it does

i think mains cables do make a difference so i expect this to, will update after weekend as will take some time for me to rewire my setup plan for tomorrow - even if it doesn't the £45 for the voltage protection alone is worth it!

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the PF50 version . It is an awsome beast all right and one of the best bargains you will ever buy £45 if you have the room. It has a seperate high voltage or lossless voltage dedicated slot for av receivers-amplifier. I also paid £45 , they were originaly £200+.

A

Anonymous

I bought one as it was 45.00 before and sold it, seen no difference in my tv pic or anything else after a test.

It is a monster, and cant be switched off fully unless you unplug from the wall, that I could see.

I would be happy with a 20.00 tacima TBH

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Canada16,

It certainly looks like an impressive piece of kit and at £45.00 appears to be good value.

I use 2 Tacima conditioners and I wonder if the Belkin is any better?

Ronald

A

Anonymous

I didnt really get on with it ronald, but other people might. it was just so massive and heavy for what it did or didnt do

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
canada16, bit confused you post on her made no difference but post on another site improvement to image???

mines sat under my desk now can't try out till the weekend - looks great although it is pretty big but will easily hide behind the door in my cabinet - might get chance to give it a quick go tonight by just plugging everything in to it but not wiring in to cabinet

i did notice a difference to the noise floor when i started using my merlin tarrantula block more so than when i added individual cables to each of my units. Strange way to describe but would stay clearer and louder than without using it.

this it to replace the tarrantula block, i will also be using the individual cables i have and will elt you now how i get on

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Matengawhat, I'd be interested on your impressions of this as it would enable me to tidy up my cables, improve on the mains conditioning and get rid of the Tacima if it performs well.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
ok i'm reafy to be mocked but these are my initial thoughts

its is very big - think of this as the size of an av amp and you're not far off - nice aluminium front panet with dark grey outer casing - the mains cable to connect to the wall is really thick - i plugged mine in before connecting anything to it as there was a faulty batch where the plug had been wired the wrong way round but mine was fine i got my two ticks on the display to say both wired correctly and earthed

the display is large and can be dimmed but not turned off but shows whats going on in terms of voltage and connections - my voltage was constantly changing but was hanging around the 246v to 250v mark. The instructionsa re a bit naff and don't really explain whats going on in detail in terms of filters but does suggest how to connect up - to turn on the switched sockets I have to hold the switch button on the front i couldn't find anywhere that said that but tbh only gave the instructions a quick scan. the unit can't be turned off except at the plug so wil prob make me more energy officient by turning off all my units and then turning off at the plug. The sockets on the back are really stiff the first few times you use them and i had to wiggle the plugs a little to go in best done with unit off i think - poss because the inner socket needs lining up a tiny fraction and when inserting the plug this helps just don't smash it in

ok so on to sound I managed to get in about 3 hours listening at various volumes/genres and what i would say is that is does sound different - more clarity and more spaciousness around notes and very easy to listen to as if the sound had been smoothed out but perhaps lost a little of its attack - although i think my setup was probably bettet for acoustic/pop than rock before this - i have two power amps in my setup and this unit only has 1 high curreny socket - i initially ignored this and ran both my amps off the audio socket and the pre amp off the digital - i then changed the amp that controls the bass drivers to the high power and plugged the other pre amp and power amp into the audio sockets and this seems to have given a bit of bite back - initial impressions are pleasing and i am going to stick with it and try some more experimenting - i bought this for my stereo so not tried any of the phone/sky/broadband stuff or connecting a tv if i have time and kind find a long enough cable will give this a go and update!

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
yep - have seen prices on these from anything from £45 to £500 quid - I think original list price was around £250 ish rom memory then they were discountinued I believe and were hard to come by so prices went up then all of a sudden they have released a load more of them and prices seem really resonable!

michael hoy

Ronald Archiebald:
Canada16,

I take it then that you did not see or hear any visible improvement in either picture or sound?

Were you able to compare it to Tacima?

Ronald

Ronald,

I have the PF50 and a Tacima in my setup, use the PF50 for all my equipment now and yes it does give better results than the Tacima.

It is also handy for turning my blu ray player off completely, only has a stand by switch. It would be nice if the unit could be turned off but you can't have everything.

The Tacima just has my Xantech remote distribution block plugged into it now.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
michael hoy:Ronald Archiebald:
Canada16,

I take it then that you did not see or hear any visible improvement in either picture or sound?

Were you able to compare it to Tacima?

Ronald

Ronald,

I have the PF50 and a Tacima in my setup, use the PF50 for all my equipment now and yes it does give better results than the Tacima.

It is also handy for turning my blu ray player off completely, only has a stand by switch. It would be nice if the unit could be turned off but you can't have everything.

The Tacima just has my Xantech remote distribution block plugged into it now.

Michael,

Thank you.

Ronald

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
having been really impressed by the first one i bought i have just ordered a second for my home cinema set up which will take some reorganising to fit it in but hey could do with a tidy up

Order a load of velcro cable ties so i can do it properly this time!

one thing that is has got me in the habit of doing is turning everything off standby when not in use so hopefully will save me a little on the old electricity bills as well!

would be keen to hear the thoughts from anyone else that bought one!

A

Anonymous

Should hopefully have mine by the weekend i've already made space in the rack and ordered the cable ties and mounts to tidy everything up, just gotta get the black spray paint outta the shed now !!

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
Theres a pic of it in black on another forum, theres a link that sends you to the belkin site but the site says that this model is no longer avaliable. I've had a look and can't find it anywhere. Every where else i've looked are selling in silver so ive opted for silver.

Part Number for black is: Part # AP21300au3M-BLK

A

Anonymous

Got mine today gonna set it up soon has anyone used the aerial input/output's or just the mains side of things ?
Just gonna have a read of the manual in a bit as i want to know about the "switched" sockets that i can turn off, should be a handy feature rather than leaving my blu ray on stand by all the time.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
only tried the mains side - the second one i've ordered is going next to my sky box so might try it think it has 1 in and 2 outs so not sure if thats like sending 2 feeds to the sky box for recording or not - if anyone knows would be great to hear

to turn on the switched sockets you have to hold the button down on the front and two sockets come straight on with the high power some 8 sec later - you will hear the relays click as it does

just becareful plugging in first time around as mine were really tight and took a little wiggling to get them in - would def recommend doing this with the power off!!!

A

Anonymous

matengawhat:
only tried the mains side - the second one i've ordered is going next to my sky box so might try it think it has 1 in and 2 outs so not sure if thats like sending 2 feeds to the sky box for recording or not - if anyone knows would be great to hear

to turn on the switched sockets you have to hold the button down on the front and two sockets come straight on with the high power some 8 sec later - you will hear the relays click as it does

just becareful plugging in first time around as mine were really tight and took a little wiggling to get them in - would def recommend doing this with the power off!!!

Should be able to use the sat and cable ports for your 2 feeds in and out as they're both "F" connectors.
General school of thought is that plugging aerial leads in and out actually weakens and degrades the signal quality seems odd tho makes you wonder why their actually there really, saying that i've had good results using a belkin surge block which had an aerial in and out it certainly cleared up the interference i used to get with freeview and passing lorries !

Cheers for the tip about the plugs, i'm gonna set it up tomorrow as off to work in a bit.
Had a quick look at the manual so from what i can see the amp goes to the high current socket, sky box to digital socket, tv & blu ray to the video sockets which means the blu ray will have to stay on unfortunately as its not a switched socket ... nevermind.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts