Anyone tried these solid silver interconnects?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
am looking at purchasing some interconnects for a vintage system that I have acquired

pioneer A400 amp

Marantz CD 63 mark II signature cd

B&W DM2 3 wat transmission speakers (the very early ones, not the mark 2's)

now need a decent interconnect and some speaker cable ... spotted this item on ebay ... has 100% feedback and answered all questions politely ... a good price ...

Solid Silver phono interconnects 0.5m 99.99% pure

ebay item 370238734133

have read some comments on some forums saying that with the pioneer A400 amp, one should steer clear of silver, and go for copper? ... yet as far as I know, silver is a better conductor? ... then I read thet the marantz cd is warm sounding and the speakers are warm sounding? ...

so do I go for silver interconnects then copper speaker cable ... or silver throughout?

am totally confused now??

A

Anonymous

he has these ones which are £10 more and might be slightly better ... ebay item 370241956188

sends them to some cryogenic place to have them treated with cryogenics (most prob liquid nitrogen)

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
emotion-11.gif
Silver Hi Breed....E Bay item no....280381121025.

copper, silver plated, google silver hi breed....

for the money outstanding, not bright,no harshness, great bass and cheap as chips....

you cant go wrong.................RECOMMENDED.....
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

I second SHB recommendation. These are copper cables with silver coating.

I doubt pure silver cables, as it is an expensive metal... pure runs of silver wouldn't be so cheap.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the info! ... have placed an order for the SILVER HIGH BREED Coherence LE (latest version with noise suppresor valves) ... have googled and found lots of praise and good comments

all I need now is speaker cable to match the system ... any suggestions?

A

Anonymous

Coherence are amazingingly transparent - let us know how they work on your system.

A

Anonymous

99.99% PURE SILVER CON WARNING TO ALL AUDIOPHILES:

BEWARE ! ! ! Many high-end cable manufacturers are passing SILVER PLATED COPPER as 99.99% PURE SILVER. Pure silver used as interconnects or speaker cables are known to be BASS LIGHT so if you bought cables that the maker says has PURE SILVER conductors but with excellent bass response then consider yourself CONNED by hundreds or thousands of pounds.

Google: SILVER PLATED COPPER sold as PURE SILVER.

A

Anonymous

2wenty2welve:

BEWARE ! ! ! Many high-end cable manufacturers are passing SILVER PLATED COPPER as 99.99% PURE SILVER. Pure silver used as interconnects or speaker cables are known to be BASS LIGHT so if you bought cables that the maker says has PURE SILVER conductors but with excellent bass response then consider yourself CONNED by hundreds or thousands of pounds.

An interesting point which may be valid for some of the ebay stuff and the like. However I think your observations may be a little off track with reputable high end manufacturers.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
2wenty2welve:

In my experience, silver is only 'bass light' until 'run in'. All my solid silver cables sounded awful at first, but now have bass in spades

So that to me is utter BS itself

A

Anonymous

AlienErik, No subtle BS swearing please - I had been fooled once in buying a hyper-priced name brand until a mate ask me to inspect the conductors carefully and found out that they are silver plated copper as opposed to pure solid silver conductor but sadly I can't name names on this site. Oh yeah, BTW what is your basis in believing that your cables are genuinely pure solid silver?

A

Anonymous

Have tried SHB S2i and recently Coherence LE's and IMHO both ICs are amazingly TRANSPARENT and DETAILED. Tho the Coherence are still in burn-in process but already sounding superb. Have replaced well-reviewed, more expensive ICs like Nordost Blue Heaven, VDH, Chord Crimson & Crystal cables with 4 SHB pairs. I was a little apprehensive at first when my mate recommeded them but I thought they are cheaply priced and offer a 7 day money back guarantee so I took a plunge. I will report on my A/B comparison between the S2i and Coherence LE in a few days time. Bought a 3m pair of SHB 10awg Coherence as well and they came 2 days ago, again still burning in but already sounding sublime after just 15 hours playing and will soon replace MIT and Analysis Silver+ (given by my brother from the U.S.) The only thing I can say is that "I'm really glad I tried them".

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts