Anyone in the UK with a GT Subplatter?

CS85

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm considering getting a groovetracer reference sub platter and I was hoping to get an idea of the fees involved in getting one delivered to the UK. Are there any members that have one and can tell me roughly what they had to pay?

Kind Regards,

Chris

CS85 said:
Hi all,

I'm considering getting a groovetracer reference sub platter and I was hoping to get an idea of the fees involved in getting one delivered to the UK. Are there any members that have one and can tell me roughly what they had to pay?

Kind Regards,

Chris

If you read their webpage it's $28 delivery.

CS85

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi Al,

Yes but I assume that's what Groovetracer charges for postage and once it reaches UK customs I'll need to pay some import duty/tax?

Regards,

Chris

D

Deleted member 108165

CS85 said:
Hi all,

Kind Regards,

Chris

Depending on the actual price the exporter declares to customs it will be +20% VAT on total amount + Duty if it exceeds £135 in value + delivery agent admin charge. An online tax and duty calculator will give you a good indication of HMRC charges.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Reading other fora like vinylengine, importing them seems quite expensive, seems to be about £300 all in. There are some alternatives available, one is from Argentina (Tangospinner), yes I know but the reviews are good and cheaper. There are some made in uk also but not sure about the quality.

BigH said:
Al ears said:
If this is the case the OP would clearly be better off buying a new turntable.

Yes £300 does seem excessive for a RP3. I would give the Tangospinner a go, should be about £130.

Possibly so but even then you have to ask whether that upgrade in itself is going to raise the stakes enough to outperform a new turntable. Now if he was upgrading the cartridge it might be a different matter. ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts