anyone heard of the $10,000 amp challenge ???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
the guys name is richard clark , anyone ever heard of him ? he has set up this amp challenge , you listen to two different amps , through high quality speakers , using a good cd player etc , you can choose one of the amps afaik, if you can consistently tell the difference between the two sounds , and keep identifying each amp , 24 times in a row , you win the ten grand , dan , pp, what are ya waiting for ? a return flight for two to the states [:p]

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
http://www.tom-morrow-land.com/tests/ampchall/index.htm

The rules....

http://tom-morrow-land.com/tests/ampchall/rcrules.htm

Can't even tell that the challenge is still valid. The links above contain second hand documentation and I can't find any website directly associated with Richard Clark or any instructions on how to enter the challenge. There is an old email address for Richard Clark but it has not been valid since 2006,

Quote...

"They should contact Richard Clark for the details. As of 2006 Richard Clark is reported to not have a public email account, and David Navone handles technical inquiries for him. Most likely they will need to pay a testing fee and get themselves to his east coast facility."

Even the link on David Navone's website only provides a PDF file of 2005 rules with no instructions for entering the challenge.

[Edit. The rules in both links refer to CAR amplifiers.]

A

Anonymous

i see that some people can gamble too , put down a few grand of their own , and have to get less questions right ..

sounds a bit like it was a money racket ...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:sounds a bit like it was a money racket ...

Looks a LOT like a 'money racket'. (But maybe not one that paid very well if the guy hasn't been able to afford an email account since 2006.)

I doubt it will stop some people from using it as 'evidence' that all amps sound the same nonetheless.

A

Anonymous

i stumbled across it whilst looking for a review of a leema pulse , on another forum , one guy was shouting that the leema was the dogs , and most of the rest are dogs
emotion-3.gif
, so someone stuck up a link to the amp man (scam ? sham ?) , probably to shut the other guy up ...

its nonsence imo ...a scam...

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
If I understoodit correctly when I read about it a few years ago, you could basically choose your system, other than the front end. I'd have loved to have done it, as I do believe amplifiers sound quite different. But with $10,000 being a tad under £7k, I don't think it'd be worth the air fair etc getting there to do it. Bring it to me and I'll have a go
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

shooter69:Bobbyb hows the record deck?

Absolutely great. Still lovin it when I get the chance to. Excuse my memory.but did we talk about it before?

Just realised you replied on my repainting thread. Its still in one piece!
emotion-1.gif
Ive not got round to it yet. Im getting a new kitchen in the end of the month and got a fair bit of decorating to get cracking on with first.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts