Anyone had experience of HomePlug AV Adapters?

Peter Bleakley

Feb 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Interested to know if these plug network adapters cause interference to the electrical supply for my Hi Fi or TV. They seem like a good idea but I'm not sure.

Anyone had any experience?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Andrew,

Can you elaborate on your setup, I use these plugs to connect my Media centre to my network and stream music from my NAS to the Media centre which then passes it through a coaxial cable to the amp to playback.

I havent notice any difference in performance or playback using the plugs or a direct 'hard' wired connection to the router.

A

Anonymous

I use mine on the ring main and then use a separate mains plug socket to feed an extension lead with power surge protection and I have not noticed any issues, perhaps I should invest in a decent extension power lead and try again ???? Any recommendations anyone ???

A

Anonymous

Fair point, but its always good to have something to tinker with. Keeps me out of trouble !!!

A

Anonymous

I use the Devolo powerline products to connect my home server to my router which is then connected to my Squeezebox. Work perfectly and have never had any reliability issues with them. I don't have an ultra-expensive set-up but I don't really see why these should impact your overall sound quality. Compared to all of the other electronic devives in your home the impact of these transmitting data through the ring-main should be fairly negligable.

I'd highly recommend them compared to the alternatives of a) Wiring you whole house with ethernet cables or b) Using wireless connections for AV streaming which would be more likely to cause sound issues due to drop-outs etc.

A

Anonymous

I use a Belkin powerline adapter for the PS3 as the wireless connection was not up to snuff for online gaming or even downloading hefty updates.

For the record....the PS3 itself (and all other AV kit for that matter) are powered through a mains conditioner.

The vast improvement over wireless made it worthwhile and I see no degradation of picture or sound quality from the PS3 as a result of having a powerline ethernet connection.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
I used to use power plug network adapters and found them to be good. I don't use them now cos I have a dedicated gigbit network. I didn't notice any issues with them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts