Anyone got these?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/canton/movie-80cx/cant-movie-80-cx-blk Was in Richer sounds today and had a listen to three sets of home cinema speakers the Canton Movie 80CX , the Jamo A102 HCS5 and the boston Soundware XS. I know the jamos have been doing well for a few years although they just lost a star. The Boston acoustics just became the new budget king so they were my first choice but having listened to them i found the bostons sounded quite flat compared to the other two, but i found it hard to choose between those two. Does anyone have any thoughts on what to buy, anyone own the Cantons?

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
I think i heard once some cantons simmilar to those but think their casing was aluminium.good for movies but music sounded much distorted to me.dont know if those are also aluminium

A

Anonymous

I should have said,it will only be used for movies but thanks anyway.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
What about KEF's from the same supplier ? http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/kef/kht1005.2/kef-kht1005-2-blk

dunno who to paste clickies, just copy/paste

I have no idea as to where all the good, well priced speaker packages have gone on this online sit.... there are many, many speakers packages from which you can choose from ... just that the links/reviews seem to have all went more up-market... weird eh ?

At least all the speakers mentioned are not all Sony ones. (Sshhh, the mag is in cahoots with that brand it seems, always has been)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for sharing this post. This is a very helpful and informative material. Good post and keep it up. mcdst is always helpful in one way or the other, that's cool stuff, anyways, a good way to get started to renovate your dreams into the world of reality.

A

Anonymous

Did want the kef eggs for a while but truth is cant really afford them,which is why i was quite pleased the Boston acoustics didnt sound that great, didnt even think to ask for a demo of the Kefs maybe i should have! but anyway its now between the Jamos and the Cantons which iswhy i was hoping someone had the Cantons just to hear what they thought. Only review i could find was here. http://www.speakersandradios.com/?p=60 Would have liked a second review somewhere but no luck.

A

Anonymous

Why don't you forget about all 3 choices and go for the Q acoustics 1010i 5.1 for £299.95???

This would definitely be better than all 3!!

A

Anonymous

Because the boss said no! Too big and no room for debate.

Geraldo

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I have bought Teufel Kompakt 30 a month ago and am really happy with the sound with movies, the sub is really great, poor neighours.

Kit Denon 1610 Sony bdp 360

A

Anonymous

How much did you pay for them and what speakers did you discount before buying them? The guys at richer sounds said they couldnt understand how the boston acoustics got a 5star review they think the £100 yamahas sound better! This really confused me as i cant see how there is such a contrast.

A

Anonymous

eremis6:How much did you pay for them and what speakers did you discount before buying them? The guys at richer sounds said they couldnt understand how the boston acoustics got a 5star review they think the £100 yamahas sound better! This really confused me as i cant see how there is such a contrast.

Hahahahaha - that is sooooooooo funny!!

Geraldo

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
I paid £154 including 30mtrs cable, sub interconnect and delivery from Germany. Teufel have 60 days returns policy and 2 year electronics guarantee and 12 year enclosure guarantee. I auditioned Yamaha NSP280, Jamo A102 HCS5, Canton 80CX, the Yamaha was the only one near my budget, I think the Teufels quality finish and sound per pound beats the Jamo and Cantons. My only negative would be the size of the Teufel sub, although the sound is great.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply, Hell of a price for your speakers, its a shame i cant demo the Teufels myself. May look into it though, did you discount the others because they were above your budget or didnt like the sound.

A

Anonymous

Samson D if you think thats funny they even went on to suggest What HiFi were paid to give the 5star review.He said i dont know how much but it must have been a lot!

Geraldo

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
I only listened to Yamaha and Jamos, could not get to demo Canton anywhere, took a gamble on the Teufel as I had not read any bad reviews anywhere on any Teufel speakers (Kompakt 30's are currently £119.00 + £19.90 delivery on Teufelaudio.com). Yamahas and Jamos sounded ok at demo, hard to compare as I did not hear them with a Denon 1610 connected, the price made my mind up and I always had the 60 days to return them if they didn't live up to expectations. Kompakt 30 sats, centre and sub have great black gloss finish, and real weight to the sats & centre. Real solid connections. Hope this helps

A

Anonymous

Thanks again for the reply will have a look online and read some reviews.

A

Anonymous

Samson D if you think thats funny they even went on to suggest What HiFi were paid to give the 5star review.He said i dont know how much but it must have been a lot!

This whole thread has to be a wind-up !!! It's hilarious though !!! Keep it coming lads...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts