Which Speakers (Advice / thoughts)

Razzler

Aug 25, 2008
Visit site
Hi all.... Ive seperated from my wife leaving her with my Onkyo 606 and Q Acoustics 1050i 5.1 set up.....
smiley-cry.gif
: well, leaving that aside I move into a flat with a fairly large living room (approx 7m x 8 m) next week and have purchased an Onkyo 605 and am just looking at best speakers (within my now limited budget) to pair it with.... Ideally to maximise music as well as films etc, I like is loud if poss.. Am looking at....

Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1

Tannoy FX 5.1

Jamo A105 5.1

Tannoy SFX 5.1

or finally...

Onkyo SKS HT528

Does anyone have any experiance with any of the above combo's or any others to consider, Any guidance / thoughts will be most welcome... :cheers:

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi Razzler,

With the room size you have there, you need to be looking at larger speakers, ideally smaller 'bookshelf' to get the perfect balance of filling this space, and running these 'loud' - the Bostons, and smaller Tannoys just won't give you anywhere near the spread of sound that you are looking for at all, I'm afraid.

Something like the Q Acoustics q2000i package, or the Dali Zensor 1 system would be more suited to your size of room, bearing in mind that either of these can also be wall mounted, if required?

Hope ths helps?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts