Any way to see bit depth and sampling rate of audio being played in Windows 10 WASAPI exclusive mode?

riverofwind

Sep 8, 2023
Visit site
Hi I have a quick question - I'd like to verify my audio player (in this case the Tidal app in Windows and I'm also thinking about messing around with Amazon Music) is properly using WASAPI exclusive mode to do bitperfect playback. I know if you have a Topping E30/50/70 DAC it will display the current sampling rate. I'd like to do the same but without buying an external DAC and just using my motherboard DAC. Is this possible? Is there any software out there that can do this? If it can't be done with WASAPI then maybe with ASIO? Thanks!

Friesiansam

Hi I have a quick question - I'd like to verify my audio player (in this case the Tidal app in Windows and I'm also thinking about messing around with Amazon Music) is properly using WASAPI exclusive mode to do bitperfect playback. I know if you have a Topping E30/50/70 DAC it will display the current sampling rate. I'd like to do the same but without buying an external DAC and just using my motherboard DAC. Is this possible? Is there any software out there that can do this? If it can't be done with WASAPI then maybe with ASIO? Thanks!
If you’re just using motherboard sound, it’s not worth worrying about it.

riverofwind

Sep 8, 2023
Visit site
@landco @Friesiansam I totally agree it's nothing to worry about and most people won't be able to tell a difference in quality above CD quality; i.e. just enjoy the music. But:

#1 I'm a super nerd I think it would be fun to see what's going on

#2 I'd be interested to see if there is a significant difference for me between MP3 320 kbps, lossless CD audio, and hi-res audio

#3 I'd like to see if I can get Amazon Music Unlimited to play bitperfect audio without a dedicated streaming device, I've read it can't be done but also it might be able to be done. I've also read upsampling and downsampling can hurt audio quality thus the desire for bitperfect. I might switch to them from Tidal if they have a comparable hi-res library that can do bitperfect since they cost half as much

I think roon audio server might do it but it costs money... but they do have a trial.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS