Any suggestions about speakers, for heavy metal and extreme metal music

LordInox

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi to everyone.

I Have finally decided to update my stereo system, and I'm gonna buy these:

Pro-Ject Debut Crabon turntable

Yamaha R-S500 amp

I just want some floor (or not) speakers to mach them.

Mostly I'm listening Metal music (Black, Death ..)

So (much) clarity of the speakers or full and dynamic bass is NOT what I want

Thanks for your help.

PS: Till 500 euros.

PS 2: I heard Dali Zensor 5 and they seemed quite good, but I don't know if they deserve 500 euros... Also I've checked Magnat Monitor Supreme 2500 and JBL XTi 40. Magnat bass sound was quite annoying (sounded very generic) and JBL sounded very detailed. Too detailed. What I mean. Surface noise from a vinyl sounded way too much on JBL than Dali or Magnat. Because I hear most vinyls, speakers with high detailed sound might multiply surface noise.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
LordInox said:

coffin3.jpg

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
LordInox said:
I just want some floor (or not) speakers to mach them.

So (much) clarity of the speakers or full and dynamic bass is NOT what I want

Really? Why the hell not? As a long time metal listener as far as I'm concerned it lives and dies on the quality of the bass!

LordInox

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes full bass dynamics can be a little disturbing, at least at my ears! But please write down any suggestions. Till 500 euros.

Peter Larsen

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
"So (much) clarity of the speakers or full and dynamic bass is NOT what I want"

Hmm, I listen to your kind of music, and I find the more articulate and bass nuanced the speakers are the better metal sounds.

I use a pair of Dynaudio speakers which sound great with metal. I would say the most important thing when buying speakers that will primary play metal, is that they are FAST, has bottom end, and contrary to what you state, are VERY dynamic. Metal is very demanding when it comes to equipment because of the dense and compressed layers of sound, so my guess is that the Dali Zensor 5 would cope well. But you should also be able to find Dynaudio DM 2/6 around 500 pounds. They sound great with any kind of metal, but also most other genres.

I find that metal often sound best on small shelf mount speakers.

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I love Extreme metal bands like Opeth, My Dying Bride, Arch Enemy and Rammstein and if I only listened to Extreme metal then I would not of brought the speakers I own now but insteed I would of brought Something like the Klipsch RB-81 II speakers. I listen to lots of other genres of music so I had to choose some speakers that played all genres great and not just one type. But like I said if I only listened to Extreme metal I would of gone with something like the Klipsch RB-81 II speakers. I'm sorry but I can not remember how much they retail for. What ever speaker you choose it must have great timing to keep up with fast music and it needs great bass because you want crunch in your guitar riffs. You really do need a speaker that great with bass.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts